Overrated Drummers -who's on your list? Steve Gadd?

I saw this on the side of Facebook I think. Nothing but click bait for Facebooks millionaire owner. I didn't even bother. I am over polls. Out of all of the drummers he limited it to 10?

One's overrated list is another's list of drum gods.

I'm not touching this one.

I agree with Bo that it's a pretty funny article at times. Tappy McTapperston - :)

Basically, it's a list of terrific drummers and/or entertainers of varying styles and abilities, along with some roasting.

I think his list is over rated.
I much prefer the merits of discussing peanut butter sandwiches. I do prefer jam over jelly, but my favorite is peanut butter & sliced banana sandwiches with honey drizzled over the bananas, or chocolate syrup & marshmallow creme.

(making me hungry!)

I at first thought you were being serious but I don't get offended over people calling Neil overrated.

It's all good in the 'hood.

I agree with Bo that it's a pretty funny article at times. Tappy McTapperston - :)

Basically, it's a list of terrific drummers and/or entertainers of varying styles and abilities, along with some roasting.

It just seemed like a fun list to tear apart because it seemed offensive. (Talking smack on Gadd, c'mon now...)

The rest of the known world.........sans America........and maybe some undiscovered tribes of the Amazon, or Congo.
We are in a bubble in the USA, that's for sure. I noticed this when I went to Europe and was watching CNN. Outside of the USA, it's the world news. The American CNN is quite different, and more dismissive of the rest of the world.

Oh I do. Yum! :) And over here it's peanut butter and jam. Jelly is something fruity and wobbly we put into trifles. But we digress :D :D

I had to Google trifle. Sounds delicious.

I much prefer the merits of discussing peanut butter sandwiches. I do prefer jam over jelly, but my favorite is peanut butter & sliced banana sandwiches with honey drizzled over the bananas, or chocolate syrup & marshmallow creme.

(making me hungry!)

I do that sandwich too except I lightly toast the bread and butter it before applying the peanut butter and the rest of the ingredients. I don't do the chocolate syrup but I do put some marshmallow creme on it. I put a little salt on the jam to give it that salt/sweet taste.

Being over rated is over rated.

I do that sandwich too except I lightly toast the bread and butter it before applying the peanut butter and the rest of the ingredients. I don't do the chocolate syrup but I do put some marshmallow creme on it. I put a little salt on the jam to give it that salt/sweet taste.

Oh man, that sounds good!

It's missing Ringo, and therefor invalid.

Larry, I would definately want you as my personal chef.

If only I could afford the services of such culinary master.... sigh

I think internet lists are just to upset people.. no one can make a list that 3 people will agree on. I won't name any drummers that i think are overrated (i'm trying to be more positive and less assholey this year)

But i will say anyone that thinks Gadd is over-rated has never sat at a kit or really listened/watched him.. i constantly see things in his videos that just make me go WTF?! amazing..

Arghhh. Toast with peanut butter does not need any extra butter. I like one slice with peanut butter and one with Marmite. Do you have Marmite in the US?

Arghhh. Toast with peanut butter does not need any extra butter. I like one slice with peanut butter and one with Marmite. Do you have Marmite in the US?

Yes, Marmite. They mine it for it's abrasive qualities. They use it in diamond polishing, if memory serves.

C'mon, you know I just can't resist setups like that.

:)

What is Marmite again?

Yes, Marmite. They mine it for it's abrasive qualities. They use it in diamond polishing, if memory serves.

C'mon, you know I just can't resist setups like that.

:)

What is Marmite again?

Marmite is.. awesome. It's a black gooey yeast extract, a very rich and dark taste. Only a small amount is needed on bread. People either love it or hate it. And we have a saying over here where the brand name has become a word to describe something that people will take to or not. "That movie is a bit marmite".

Back