The four chord hit songs...

I remember that one when it was televised JB. Completely forgotten about it. Thanks for posting. I laughed as hard as I did first time round.

Brilliant!!

Must be the formula for suck, because quite a few songs I hate sound like that. :)

That's awesome! Our next album shall now be only four chord songs!

Here's Rob Parovinian's take on it. He uses Pachelbel's Cnon In D as his starting point, but it's basically the same chord progression. So yeah, the four chord formula seems to have originated at least as early as the 1790s :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM
Granted, Rob takes some artistic liberties here; some of those songs don't actually use that chord progression, they just work well when sung on top of it

Must be the formula for suck, because quite a few songs I hate sound like that. :)

+1 ... yep, gooey and mushy and set to a formula ... ecch

Here's Rob Parovinian's take on it. He uses Pachelbel's Cnon In D as his starting point, but it's basically the same chord progression. So yeah, the four chord formula seems to have originated at least as early as the 1790s :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM
Granted, Rob takes some artistic liberties here; some of those songs don't actually use that chord progression, they just work well when sung on top of it

It's brilliant too!

I listen to alot of Conteporary Christian artists: Hillsongs, Planetshakers, Michael W Smith, and I gotta say....they all sound the same from time to time. We played 3 songs at church the other day, all in G and they all went G, Em, C, D through the chorus. lol. Its fun, i guess.

Granted alot of Planetshakers are Hook and Riff based. Really cool tasty riffage in some of their stuff, very Brit Rock influenced.

I listen to alot of Conteporary Christian artists: Hillsongs, Planetshakers, Michael W Smith, and I gotta say....they all sound the same from time to time. We played 3 songs at church the other day, all in G and they all went G, Em, C, D through the chorus. lol. Its fun, i guess.

Granted alot of Planetshakers are Hook and Riff based. Really cool tasty riffage in some of their stuff, very Brit Rock influenced.

I would agree about the 3 chord songs in Contemporary Christian music. However, you can still get a lot out of 3 chords. I love many of the songs we play at church.

Man, everyone always has to bag on Green Day.

Back