My favorite sticks

Just regular Vic Firth 5A's or weckl's. Though weckl's are so slipery on sweaty hands.

Any1 else has that problem ?

I'm loving Zildjian super 5a wood tips right now.

mine has to be Travis Barker's zildjian signature sticks, or a normal 5A vic firth

I like it simple
-Zildjian 7a nylon tiped
and a from the artist series Travis Barker sticks

i like the good old vicfirth 5a.. some times i like the 5an because they tips wont breakdown and become flat after a week or so like the 5a wood. ha, what ever works i guess.

anything i can get my hands on to play my drums!!!!
but for real...i play vic firth extreme 5 b's, vic firth buddy rich's, vater fastbacks (once they come out with a wood tip i will play these more)

Vater 5B "Los Angeles" although I'm considering going to something heavier for the practice pad. But the last time I did that I had to start using them on the kit too because I just wasn't getting the same rebound.

With that in mind can anyone recommend what the next logical heavier stick up would be....I would like to stick with the Vaters...would it be 5A?

On a related note has anyone tried the new Vater "nude" drumstick with no finish. That looks really interesting to me...that would really eliminate slippage.

I use the Vic Firth 5B their heavier than most sticks

ElvinBaRkerDennis13 said:
anything i can get my hands on to play my drums!!!!
but for real...i play vic firth extreme 5 b's, vic firth buddy rich's, vater fastbacks (once they come out with a wood tip i will play these more)

How do you like the Buddy Rich signatures?

Today I got some Vic Firth Peter Erskine signature sticks and I really like them. They feel great. It may be a permanent switch. Though Guitarcenter said they only had four pairs left and probably wont get any more (are they out of production?) so I bought their last 4.

vic firth dave weckl signature sticks (the old maroon coloured ones)

there are also dave weckls which are orange coloured, the newer ones, but they keep selling out so I haven't tried them yet

Steve Gadd Signatureby Vic Firth.
I'm going to try out soem Weckls soon though.
Right now I'm using Vic Firth 7a b/c nobady has any Steve's in stock!~
Are they out of production, because there are like 3 drum shops and at least 6 music stores within 20 miles and I've been to all of them and they don't have any?

i am currently using 5as but i change all the time really. i actually prefer heavier sticks, i tried out thomas langs sig vic firths and loved them! they wer very heavy and think but did not effect my playing at all, they give an amazing powerful sound!

Back