Confusion with mics

Steven P

I'd just like to start off by saying sorry for starting 100 threads every day on here. I know I'm probably getting on peoples nerves but I just to know some things. I had some problems with my mics not working but I'm waiting for the post to come with the extra things to get it to work. Just a general question though. Do they work like this, the harder you hit the louder it gets and the lighter you hit the weaker the sound gets? Just curious because if it's like that then with axis players, how are they getting any sound from it since I heard that they lack alot of power.

There is nothing wrong with asking lots of questions. It is, however, generally polite to actually respond to the others trying to help you in the other thread. And since this question is the same topic as your other thread, you could have just posted in that thread.

To answer yor question in two parts:

1. I use Axis pedals, and IMO your statement about "power" is just nonsense.

2. The preamp which you connect your mics to will have a gain adjustment that lets you adjust the signal based on the sensitivity of the mic and the loudness of the drum. On top of that, the mixer let's you raise or lower the volume going to the speakers for each mic you have connected to get the overall sound balanced.

Back