Any Chelsea or Barca fans out there?

Meat the beat

Football fans... the round ball that is!! ...
Anyone watch the chelsea v barca game tonight? Chelsea did what they have done the last 2 seasons under 3 managers and failed to put the game to bed with a second goal, but unfortunately we were beaten by the Referee once again....

That game and the Man U game were both horribly officiated but when you get beat and the other team is a man down you have to look deep inside. There were dives, bad calls, missed calls etc in both games and you just have to move on. I am a Man U fan so that game didn't really matter to me but the officiating was terrible.

Between Drogba and Anelka, there was more whining than a classroom of 6 year olds that just had their juice and cookies taken away and more diving than the olympic try-outs. Seriously. Those guys make Ronaldo look like Roy Keane. Suck it up, Chelsea's had 3 of the best managers in the game recently and they can't do it. Like Iniesta TOUCHED Anelka. But poor officiating or not, Chelsea could have and should have put it away, they lead the run of play through most of it and only have themselves to blame. A team that cries over officiating, bad calls etc. is a team that knows they've lost and is looking for a scapegoat. Chelsea was not beaten by the ref, they were beaten by themselves, again.

Roman can't keep his shit together enough to build a team, only buy superstars and think they'll work together because they are great footballers. What team buys Shevchenko and turns him into a rubbish player, then benches him for so long he all but forgets how to play football? Chelsea will fare much better when Roman gets sick of Chelsea (and it will happen), sells the club and and Chelsea HAS to rebuild a strong team from the bottom up. Then they'll have to invest time, money and COMMITMENT to their players and their staff, they'll know what it means to be a TEAM, in it's entirety. Until then, keep pissing away the biggest managers in football, squandering cash on top players and keep wondering why you can't win anything anymore.

Sorry, but no sympathy for Chelsea anymore. At least you can say for Arsenal that Wenger has a PLAN. He is trying to rebuild the club with young players, and they WILL rise to it, eventually. I hate Arsenal and even I can admit that in a couple years, they will (or should have) grown into a solid squad.

G

Too true about Arsenal Jazzgregg. Wenger plays the thinking mans game. And as for Shevchenko, it's like Roman collects footballers and then puts them away in some vault as if they're a collectors item for no-one to ever see again. It's a great shame his talent was wasted at Chelsea.

And Grunterdad, A football fan in the US?! Are you from the UK/have links to it, or are you just a sports fan in general? either way you're supporting a great team who are going to win the champions league :)

I played soccer/football in 8th grade, high school and then in college. Coached my son when he was young and now he has his 4 year old in a program in the States call U.K. Elite Soccer Program. I watch games every Saturday and Sunday on Fox soccer Channel, and play the Premier League Fantasy under the name of KornerKick. My team is terrible, but it's been in my blood forever.

http://www.ukelite.com/Soccer-Camps/Programs.asp

We'll see what Man U do when Alex retires. Should be very interesting. Till then, enjoy the good times while they last, oh and watch out for Barca !!!

Back