Your contest winnings?

805Drummer

Gold Member
Spontaneous question:

What drum gear have you won from contests, competitions, or sweepstakes?

Go! =)

I was in Chad Sexton's Drum City and wanted to buy a T-shirt.

They said "sorry we don't have that size but you can have this one for free."

Winner!

I won a 10" pinstripe head signed by Carl Palmer at a clinic he did. On collecting it, I shook hands with the man, which prompted him to make a slightly insulting remark concerning my sexual orientation. Still don't know why, but have certainly never liked the guy since lol. And I really can't stand ELP.

Last edited:
I never won drum related gears but I received Flo Mounier's sticks directly from him. That was my best luck to date...

I won a 6 month old Pearl Export and hardware in mint condition for £150 on E bay once- does that count? The bloke selling found it in his basement when he moved in a month earlier.
The bargain of a lifetime that was, gave the bloke a tenner on top and asked him to help me to the car with it...as I drove away I smiled as you would expect!

I once won a purple ribbon from a Kwanis Music Festival.

Though it's not drum gear, I won it for drumming.

;)

I won an Audix D6 bass drum mike a while back.

I won a 10" pinstripe head signed by Carl Palmer at a clinic he did. On collecting it, I shook hands with the man, which prompted him to make a slightly insulting remarking concerning my sexual orientation. Still don't know why, but have certainly never liked the guy since lol. And I really can't stand ELP.

I like ELP, Emerson is a great guy; but I have never heard anything nice about CP. I met him years ago and found him rude, where as Emerson stood in the steps of the bus talking to me for about twenty minutes. And about stupid stuff. If someone had a tape of that conversation, they could blackmail me for being an idiot. But i was just a kid.

Back