Tell me what drum technique videos YOU want to see..I'll post them to my Youtube channel!

MikeChimmy

Hey everyone,
I have a drumming Youtube channel. I post tutorials, techniques, rudiments, reviews, and general cool drumming stuff to the channel.

The channel is called Simply Snare (you can get to it by clicking on this link)

I want to know what videos YOU want me to make! I am willing to make videos of any techniques, reviews, or tutorials...I just want to know what YOU want to see!

With that being said, post your ideas in this thread, and I promise that I will try to make a video on every single one of them (if I don't already have a video demonstrating it)!

Post away, and subscribe to the channel if you want to be notified immediately when the video is released!

How about something on developing single stroke speed, and developing single stroke rolls around the kit and what patterns suit moving around toms while keeping it all really clean.

That's something I'm not very good at.

Funny you should ask! I would love a "play-a-long" video, at different tempos, that moves through the table of time. Is that something you can do, Mike?

How about limb independence/kit playing? As an experienced non-drummer musician, I'm fairly familiar with various rhythms, can read music, and have pretty good timing. I can play lots of rudiments just fine on a snare. However, when I try to play on my kit, I'm a complete mess. I see people talk about practice pads and doing rudiments all the time, but for me, playing a kit (using foot pedals in addition to sticks) is a completely different instrument than just using sticks.

How about limb independence/kit playing? As an experienced non-drummer musician, I'm fairly familiar with various rhythms, can read music, and have pretty good timing. I can play lots of rudiments just fine on a snare. However, when I try to play on my kit, I'm a complete mess. I see people talk about practice pads and doing rudiments all the time, but for me, playing a kit (using foot pedals in addition to sticks) is a completely different instrument than just using sticks.

The best independence system I know is Benny Grebs alphabet system. Get his ''language of drumming'' dvd and practice the drumset routine and you'll definitely start seeing some freedom in your limbs.

I know there's lots of other systems but this was really easy to take in and apply to everything.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions everyone! I'll make videos on the ideas that you posted and post links to them in this thread once they are published and live on my channel. Please continue posting other ideas of videos that you want to see and I'll make them!

How about some really handy big band fills and licks? And how to set up accents on different beats of the measure?

Will do! I'll be making all of the videos suggested in here and I'll let you know when they will be posted. I usually schedule my videos a few weeks in advance so I'll be posting the dates in which they will be going live! You can also sub to the youtube channel and get notified automatically when they are published.

Will do! I'll be making all of the videos suggested in here and I'll let you know when they will be posted. I usually schedule my videos a few weeks in advance so I'll be posting the dates in which they will be going live! You can also sub to the youtube channel and get notified automatically when they are published.

That's cool.

Looking forward to it then .

How about something on developing single stroke speed, and developing single stroke rolls around the kit and what patterns suit moving around toms while keeping it all really clean.

That's something I'm not very good at.

I posed a video on improving your single stroke roll speed a while ago, and it even includes an exercise to help you to develop your single stroke speed. I'll make a future video showing exercises to help people play single stroke rolls cleanly around all of the toms.

The video on single stroke roll speed can be found here!

Funny you should ask! I would love a "play-a-long" video, at different tempos, that moves through the table of time. Is that something you can do, Mike?

I made a video that shows play-along beats at 100 BPM, 120 BPM, and 130 BPM. It will be live on my channel on December 26th in the morning (my morning, that is).

Once again, you can find my channel here:
Simply Snare

The best form of thanking me is sharing my videos on your social networks, and commenting on the videos!

Thanks!

Back