tim burton's alice in wonderland

I

idle_hands

The new alice in wonderland looks awesome! Tim burton is a creative genius so I’m sure it’ll rule, but I really like the new way their doing the art for it. the old Disney stuff was good, but the new burton art looks very traditional and old school. I found a site with a bunch of t-shirts for the new movie, check out the t-shirts:
ALICE IN WONDERLAND
I really like the Cheshire cat ones personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree this looks like a fantastic film, can't wait to go and see it.
I wonder if I will be able to buy Tweedle Dumb and tweedle Dee T shirts. My best mate needs the DUMB one, obviously.. lol

I love Tim Burton aswell. Alice in Wonderland goes in premiere here this friday, at the biggest 3D cinema in Europe, 5 minutes from my home. Unfortunately I can't go because I have to go to a meeting for a new band I'm in. But next week I will go for sure.

I love Tim Burton aswell. Alice in Wonderland goes in premiere here this friday, at the biggest 3D cinema in Europe, 5 minutes from my home. Unfortunately I can't go because I have to go to a meeting for a new band I'm in. But next week I will go for sure.

A new band?? What happened to that fabulous pianist-led group you were in (forgot what it was called - it was a guy's first name)?

A friend of mine saw one of the premiers of the new Alice in wonderland a week or two ago. He loved it, and said that it definitely lives up to the hype. I'll be seeing it myself in a week or two.

A new band?? What happened to that fabulous pianist-led group you were in (forgot what it was called - it was a guy's first name)?

New band Frank? Tell us more.

Haha, don't worry, Scott still exists, and we are practicing hard every week.
My 'new band' is project band for a conference where we will be playing a full weekend for a few times a day. It's a worshipband. I auditioned for it, and I made it. Not because of my skills they said, but because of my enthousiasm and my focus. So, now it's three saturdays rehearsing, learning 35 songs or so, and then playing one weekend and after that it's done.

Haha, don't worry, Scott still exists, and we are practicing hard every week.
My 'new band' is project band for a conference where we will be playing a full weekend for a few times a day. It's a worshipband. I auditioned for it, and I made it. Not because of my skills they said, but because of my enthousiasm and my focus. So, now it's three saturdays rehearsing, learning 35 songs or so, and then playing one weekend and after that it's done.

Yep, I reckon you'd need plenty of enthusiasm and focus to learn 35 songs in three weeks. KIS, as always, provides a measured and accurate perspective on the situation :)

Good that Scott's still around.

Yep, I reckon you'd need plenty of enthusiasm and focus to learn 35 songs in three weeks. KIS, as always, provides a measured and accurate perspective on the situation :)

Good that Scott's still around.

I know it sounds crazy, but to me it's all about the learning experience, trying to get better and better as a musician and developing myself to be the best drummer I can be.

Haha, you guys really make laugh :). Frankie goes to the premiere this friday by the way, so I will be among the first ones in Holland to watch the movie.

Well, we've just returned from watching Alice in Wonderland in 3D and it is stunning :). The atmosphere is great and the characters are awsome. The story is not very creative, but it's all about how it's told, and that's magnificent. Great movie!

Johnny Depp has become a caricature of himself. He's pigeon-holed himself into playing these flamboyant crazy people roles.

Ha - never mind Frankie in Wonderland ... Frankie goes to Hollywood :)

Dances with Doormice lol

Dios, but he plays those wacky characters so very well ... and for a handsome pay cheque. I still remember him in Chocolat (like half of the female population) so I know he can play a leading man if he wishes. Guess he's going through a wacky phase, like The Stones did with Satanic Majesties ...

I don't know...

The visual style is honestly the biggest turn-off for me. Character's faces seem disconnected from their heads or something. I honestly was annoyed by the time that the trailer finished so I don't think that I would be able to give the movie a chance. It may be a very good movie, but if the visuals get under my skin this much, I don't think I could go see it.

Back