My PDP CX maple kit

I recently got a PDP CX maple kit used off craigslist for half what I would pay for a new concept maple. I absolutely love this kit. It sounds phenomenal. The only thing I would change is make the snare a 14x6.5 instead of 14x5.5. It's the onyx white wrap that looks amazing. I'll post pictures later. I've been waiting for cymbals to come in since I sent my first set back.
Specs:
Mounted toms
8x7
10x8
12x9
14x12
Floor Tom
16x14
Snare
14x5.5
Bass
22x18
Cymbals
All Sabian AAX brilliant finish
14" xcelerator Hi Hats
18" Freq crash
9" Max Splash (Not here yet)
18" Stage Crash
21" Raw Bell Dry Ride
19" Xtreme chinese
Hardware
3 PDP Boom stands
2 Gibraltar grabber arms
PDP 2 leg Hi Hat stand
Gibraltar 6611 Direct Drive double bass pedal
Heads
Toms - Remo Pinstripe batter, Evans C1 reso
Snare - Evans Center reverse dot coated batter, Evans 300 Hazy reso
Bass - Evans EQ3 batter, Stock reso, with port and kickport

Here are some pictures. I have everything crammed into a corner of the room. Didn't have enough room to put the 16" tom inline with the 14" so I put it to the left of the snare. I'm still waiting for my splash to come in from guitar center. I'm also considering adding a 3rd crash cymbal. If I did it would probably be a 17 or 19 stage crash.

Attachments

• IMG_3649(1).jpg
    IMG_3649(1).jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 1,781
  • IMG_3650(1).jpg
    IMG_3650(1).jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 1,934
  • IMG_3651(1).jpg
    IMG_3651(1).jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 1,534
I'm really envious of your 16" floor tom. I have the exact same kit, same color. I bought an X7 floor tom for 89 bucks and rewrapped in in white onyx.

Nice gig kit, all the nice features of DW minus the price tag. I got my set for 125, the floor tom was extra, plus I had to buy a 10" tom for 100 bucks, mine didn't come with one.

But this is about your set. Nice set, play it in good health.

I'm really envious of your 16" floor tom. I have the exact same kit, same color. I bought an X7 floor tom for 89 bucks and rewrapped in in white onyx.

Nice gig kit, all the nice features of DW minus the price tag. I got my set for 125, the floor tom was extra, plus I had to buy a 10" tom for 100 bucks, mine didn't come with one.

But this is about your set. Nice set, play it in good health.

I was just thinking this! Larry is gonna see this and be like damn!

Very nice kit! I can also agree it looks healthy and great condition. The white onyx is desirable.

i may look into something similar. I need a gig out kit. I recently been taking out the dw to play at a friends and kind of dislike the idea. Used pdp wouldnt be a bad idea

My PDP beat up my Pearl Session Customs and took it's lunch money.

Very nice. All of the X7 kits I have seen and attempted to play have felt and sounded great. Congrats; it's a real steal.

Last year I pieced together a kit with a PDP FS kick, a PDP platinum 12" rack, a DW performance 10" rack, A DW Performance 14" Floor and a PDP platinum 16" floor....The PDP are in that blue to black fade and the DW are in the sapphire blue.

This PDwP kit outperforms my Tama B/B Starclassic......it sounds really nice.

Throwing in some updated pictures. Moved it to the middle of the room to allow for more room to play, and so I could move the 16" tom to where it belongs. I've changed out some stands as well and added a splash and an extra crash. Everything is suspended mounted now. Nothing from the floor or bass drum. The floor toms are inspired by my favorite drummer The Rev.

Attachments

• BIMG_3827.jpg
    BIMG_3827.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 1,292
  • BIMG_3826.jpg
    BIMG_3826.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 1,287
  • BIMG_3825.jpg
    BIMG_3825.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 1,404
  • BIMG_3824.jpg
    BIMG_3824.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 1,554
Sweet kit, looks like you got a killer deal.

Great looking kit. Love the white onyx. I'm a first time poster here and thought I'd share my PDP CX. The 2 16" floor toms are Premier. One from an XPK set, the other an old pre-international from 1964. Snares a chrome Royal Ace with flobeam.

Attachments

• drumnasium 004.jpg
    drumnasium 004.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,246
  • premier floor.jpg
    premier floor.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 1,219
  • drumnasium 006.jpg
    drumnasium 006.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 1,238
  • update 001.jpg
    update 001.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 1,237
  • update 003.jpg
    update 003.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 1,252
  • play dem bones 006.jpg
    play dem bones 006.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 1,217
Great looking kit. Love the white onyx. I'm a first time poster here and thought I'd share my PDP CX. The 2 16" floor toms are Premier. One from an XPK set, the other an old pre-international from 1964. Snares a chrome Royal Ace with flobeam.

Cool kit, but why do you have a DW bass head on PDP drums?

I put the DW head on the PDP bass because I like the "old school" look and it was the only one I could find. I now see there are companies that leave the "badge" empty or can customize initials. Probably gonna do that soon.

nice set railroaddrummer. I have to ask...where did you find the stand base to that accepts your double tom mount from the bass drum. I have a PDP M5 and want to mount the toms off of a stand to the left of the bass drum but can't find a base to accept the tom mount, which I believe is 1" in diameter.

Back