Ever been called a hipster?

.......teen girls who are bisexual and Atheist.........

You're telling me you have a problem with this? We shun lose women with no morals now? What's the world coming to?

Me, I'd like their names and numbers please.

Once on my bands was found listed on a Christian website of band you shouldn't let your kids listen to. Quite hilarious.

Oh the hilarity. Wish I could be found on a Christian banned list!

Would have been my proudest moment DED. Undue panic from Tipper Gore and her lunatic mates would have been one of life's pivotal moments. Move over Slayer!! :)

You're telling me you have a problem with this? We shun lose women with no morals now? What's the world coming to?

Me, I'd like their names and numbers please.

Would have been my proudest moment DED. Undue panic from Tipper Gore and her lunatic mates would have been one of life's pivotal moments. Move over Slayer!! :)

We have got to be brothers...

It was pretty funny.

I just wish the organization had been bigger so that it could have generated more publicity. That sort of "recommendation" had the potential to really drive interest in the band.

But this was in the early days of the web, so it didn't quite catch on.

Kale is actually one of the devil's vegetables. DO NOT USE.

The others are celery and Brussels sprouts.

If you use any of the above then, quite frankly, you deserve every shred of opprobrium that you receive. Ychafi.

So are potatoes, or so I am told.

Armor, judging by your definition, I guess I'm a hipster (or used to be) too.

Nononono. Potatoes are starch, not vegetables, and are definitely not the work of the Devil. Trust me.
I honestly heard that before. I figured because they were grown in the ground, buried...like a dead body or something. You know how some of these religious whackos can be, but I trust you, I do not fear the potato. In fact, I revere them. They go great with meatloaf!

(Sorry, for the thread derail)

I honestly heard that before. I figured because they were grown in the ground, buried...like a dead body or something. You know how some of these religious whackos can be, but I trust you, I do not fear the potato. In fact, I revere them. They go great with meatloaf!

(Sorry, for the thread derail)

Well, half of me wants to reassure you and say Yes Do Trust Me, and the other half wants to go BWAHAHAHAAA! That said, I've never eaten meatloaf and I honestly don't think that I could. It just sounds so wrong to my Anglo-Saxon-Welshish-Eastern Medtterranean ears.

Thread derailing is almost invariably good. The spice of life, and all that.

Yes, please stick to the subject - kale. ;-)

I nearly divorced Mr Madge today, for precisely that reason. Are you by any chance my kale-loving mother-in-law?

Last edited:
OG is a west coast originated term

commonly referring to the west coast 70s gangsta life style.....which later Snoop and the Dog Pound revived and re popularized in the early 90s with the laid back style and classic Cadillacs and what not

you will find a lot of those OG cats sitting on the front porch with the oldies station on.

the term was popularized nationally by Ice T's 1991 album entitled OG Original Gangster

Well at least I know the roots of this thing now. Thanks Ant for the reference.

Back on topic, last night I had to play the Meatloaf song "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" at a sub gig with no rehearsal. It was only my first time playing that song and I had to do it with people I never met before. Kinda proud that I nailed it. It was a double 50th birthday party for a couple. There was no kale there though. No potatoes either. Plenty of Chinese food and Italian pastries though. (wacky combination, right?)

larryace;1146371 There was no kale there though. No potatoes either. Plenty of Chinese food and Italian pastries though. (wacky combination said:
Sounds pretty damn perfick to me.

Ah yes, if it weren't for weirdo women with questionable morals, I may never have met Mrs. Drum 15 years ago. heh.

Well, half of me wants to reassure you and say Yes Do Trust Me, and the other half wants to go BWAHAHAHAAA! That said, I've never eaten meatloaf and I honestly don't think that I could. It just sounds so wrong to my Anglo-Saxon-Welshish-Eastern Meditteranean ears.

I never liked meatloaf until my wife made it. Her version is yummy.

Ah yes, if it weren't for weirdo women with questionable morals, I may never have met Mrs. Drum 15 years ago. heh.

I never liked meatloaf until my wife made it. Her version is yummy.

Awwwh! I am such an oldish romantic. But seriously, the very thought of meatloaf ..Ychafi.

Not dissing Mrs DED, just embracing our differences :D

Awwwh! I am such an oldish romantic. But seriously, the very thought of meatloaf ..Ychafi.

Not dissing Mrs DED, just embracing our differences :D

Oh trust me, the thought of meatloaf always make think "yuck...:

The first time my dear wife made it, I told her there is no way she is getting me to eat that.
But one bite of her's, and I was hooked.

I wouldn't dare eat meatloaf she didn't make.

I have always lumped meatloaf into the category of "white people food". As an American born Mexican I never grew up eating it but I have to say that I really do enjoy it when it's not chock full of onions.

This thread had been pretty effectively Saturn'd already so I'd like to entertain my curiosity. Where does meatloaf come from? I assumed it had some sort of European roots like hot dogs and corned beef. Is meatloaf an American invention like Mac and Cheese?

I'm in my 20's and have an unfounded dislike of modern music so my older brother and fiancé like to call me a hipster to get a rise out of me. I really don't care for the hipster movement or any of the bland, sedate indie music their scene is cranking out today. I gave Mumford and Sons a listen the other day and was frankly bored out of my mind.

IMO, meatloaf is just like a big hamburger with some extra stuff in there. I mean if you like hamburgers, it would stand to reason that you would also like meatloaf.

I have always lumped meatloaf into the category of "white people food". As an American born Mexican I never grew up eating it but I have to say that I really do enjoy it when it's not chock full of onions.

This thread had been pretty effectively Saturn'd already so I'd like to entertain my curiosity. Where does meatloaf come from? I assumed it had some sort of European roots like hot dogs and corned beef. Is meatloaf an American invention like Mac and Cheese?

I have no idea, but you made me curious:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meatloaf

The meatloaf has European origins; meatloaf of minced meat was mentioned in the famous Roman cookery collection Apicius as early as the 5th century.[2] Meatloaf is a traditional German and Belgian dish, and it is a cousin to the Dutch meatball. American meatloaf[3] has its origins in scrapple, a mixture of ground pork and cornmeal served by German-Americans in Pennsylvania since Colonial times.[3] However, meatloaf in the contemporary American sense did not appear in cookbooks until the late 19th century.[1]

Makes sense since meatloaf is a staple of my mid-western relatives who are of German decent. LOL.

Once on my bands was found listed on a Christian website of band you shouldn't let your kids listen to. Quite hilarious.

Devils food. Got it.

I missed this - DED, I'm impressed!

Kale is okay. The veggie I object to is okra. Not recommended.

Meatloaf ... ugh ... processed meat is revolting. Probably okay if you're starving in the desert, although it wouldn't be wise to give someone dying of thirst a piece of beef jerky.

I really don't care for the hipster movement or any of the bland, sedate indie music their scene is cranking out today. I gave Mumford and Sons a listen the other day and was frankly bored out of my mind.

Just checked out Mumford & Sons ... indie country music. They looked pretty hip in the clip ...

Meatloaf ... ugh ... processed meat is revolting. Probably okay if you're starving in the desert, although it wouldn't be wise to give someone dying of thirst a piece of beef jerky.

Just checked out Mumford & Sons ... indie country music. They looked pretty hip in the clip ...

First of all, meatloaf is NOT processed meat. It's about as homestyle as you can get! It's no different than hamburger but with egg and breadcrumbs added to hold it together.

Second of all, Mumford & Sons is folk rock. NOT COUNTRY, GREA!!!!

What the heck did Andy put in the wood of those Gurus to do this to you?!

Hahaha. Well played. Well played.

Back