Rubber grip on Drum Pedals

dkristoff

Hello all,
My new is Drew and i'm new to this site. I've been playing drums for over 30 years. I have a question. I have been having a problem with my feet moving around on my pedals when I am playing. I am thinking of glueing some rubber ( from a car floor mat) on the top of the pedal to give me more control sort of like a rubber sole. I "think" that Eric Singer has something like this. Has anyone ever done this or have any advice? I appreciate your thoughts.
Regards,
Drew

Skateboard grip tape is great, you get a large piece for about $5, and it will cover 8 or 10 footboards. This package (with a 30" strip) was $3.99 at K-Mart a few years ago:

tricktape.jpg

Hardware stores also have 3M stairstep grip tape available in about 4" wide widths and sold by the foot, certainly a savings there in case $5 is too much! :)

Grip Peddler is nice enough and designed for many pedals, but it's a softish rubber/foam, and wears away after some use. I've yet to wear out my skateboard tape applications.

Bermuda

ever heard of plasti-dip? i would probably use that. skateboard grip tape will definitely work.

Funny. I wouldn't like it at all to have grippy pedals. It would mess me up, I think. No accounting for taste, no?

I like to be able to move a bit too! But I've never tried something like skateboard tape, I really wonder how it would work. Might not be beneficial to styles like slide or swivel, but I imagine that if you're playing conventional heel down or heel up, it could be of benefit. Might also be good for heel-toe.

- Reggae Mangle

Back