DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 05-24-2015, 11:39 PM

Default Mapex Black Panther Blaster

Hi. I am currently checking out the Mapex Black Panther Blaster and i really love the kit. I am looking for advice from drummers who have experience of this kit. Is there any major disadvantages of the kit that i should take in considderation. I am mostly playing hard rock music, but also blues and funk rock. Any experienced feedback will be much appreciated.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Mapex Black Panther Blaster

This topic comes up lots on here, usually guys want to know how they stack up to saturns. Type it in search and away you go..
Old 05-26-2015, 01:11 AM

Have one and love it! Waffled between Saturn IV and Blaster and felt the blaster had a bit more projection. Was a tough decision because the Saturn sounded beautiful, warm, resonant. Blaster gives me that depending on heads. Just wanted the ability to get punchier if I wanted. Still sings at low volume. I'm loving mine
Old 05-26-2015, 01:27 AM

I've had my Blaster kit for almost two years now, and absolutely love it. A good friend of mine nearby has a Saturn, and they stack up very similar. Both low and growly, with deep punching tones... I think the Blaster has a slightly deeper tone to it, especially in the bass drum. But that's just me.

The hardware is great, although I'm not sure if the new models come with the SonicClear system. Mine didn't. But it still tunes up easy and fast, and has survived a few gigs. When I got the kit, I also bought the Mapex Falcon stands and bass pedal, and they've been rock solid for the past two years. No complaints at all.

I posted a few pictures a couple of years ago when I first bought the kit. A quick search will likely turn that thread up...