Ayotte Drums

Hi All, listen has anyone the latest poop on Ayotte drums and if they are in or out of business?I've been reading numerous things on the net but hard to discern fact from fiction.
From personal experience I know that I have tried in vain to contact them for over a week and there mailbox is full and one of their numbers went to a private home in BC.
The website is still up and nothing states that they went belly up.
I was just talking to them 6 months ago about ordering some sticks and everything seemed fine at that point.

From Wikipedia: Ayotte Drums tend to be very well-thought of.[2] They are praised often on drum-related forums across the internet for their sound and build quality. However, the company itself is infamous for their lack of customer service.[3] Wait times for individual Ayotte drums can take as long as other companies take to produce an entire kit, and trying to reach the company via mail or phone for order updates can be very, very difficult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayotte_Drums

From Wikipedia: Ayotte Drums tend to be very well-thought of.[2] They are praised often on drum-related forums across the internet for their sound and build quality. However, the company itself is infamous for their lack of customer service.[3] Wait times for individual Ayotte drums can take as long as other companies take to produce an entire kit, and trying to reach the company via mail or phone for order updates can be very, very difficult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayotte_Drums

I've also read the Wikipedia entry but I'm almost positive that the have closed their doors as I spoke to a drum guy at Tom Lee Music in Vancouver and he stated that they are no longer around as a company.Just wondering if anyone else has heard this.

Great drums.

But probably the only corporate entity more inefficient than the federal govt. at producing a viable marketing plan.

i got replies from them concerning info on a used set i bought off a private sale. i asked them to look up the details for me like what year the kit was made, what the colour name is and such, and they answered within a day.
i sent them another email about certain parts that needed replacing and they also got back to me.
there was only one time they didn't answer me, and that was when i asked them if they used keller shells.
all these emails were in the spring of this year.

i got replies from them concerning info on a used set i bought off a private sale. i asked them to look up the details for me like what year the kit was made, what the colour name is and such, and they answered within a day.
i sent them another email about certain parts that needed replacing and they also got back to me.
there was only one time they didn't answer me, and that was when i asked them if they used keller shells.
all these emails were in the spring of this year.

Have you had any correspondence with Ayotte since the spring?...I had a good conversation with Bill Jensen just Before Xmas last year and have not been able to reach him or anyone else at Ayotte since.

Back