PDP B.O.A Price Point?

I was wondering how much would a single PDP B.O.A pedal be worth if im buying one from someone that is willing to negotiate price? Because I cant find in reference to how much they sold for when they were first produced any information would greatly be appreciated!

No clue on what they are worth used. New they were over $200 I believe.

For me there are other direct drive pedals that have been out and are still out there that I'd probably go for first like a Yamaha, speed king, trick, axis that have a bit more adjustability for what you are going to pay. I started off on speed kings ($99 new) went the DW chain route for a couple decades then on to the yamaha 9415 direct drive pedals and won't look back. Love those pedals and paid a $100 for each one brand new. They were an older model but fantastic pedal. Keep your eyes on ebay and they pop up from time to time.

Last edited:
I was wondering how much would a single PDP B.O.A pedal be worth .....
There's one on eBay, for $129. I doubt it'll sell, at that price.​
Have you played it and do you like it? That's your guide. If you think it's the "mother of all pedals", then just about whatever you pay for it will be worth it. I tried 'em, and I didn't care for 'em, at all. And a lot of others felt the same, 'cause they didn't sell.​

There's one on eBay, for $129. I doubt it'll sell, at that price.​
Have you played it and do you like it? That's your guide. If you think it's the "mother of all pedals", then just about whatever you pay for it will be worth it. I tried 'em, and I didn't care for 'em, at all. And a lot of others felt the same, 'cause they didn't sell.​

well im currently playing on my gibraltar catapult which was also a very hit and miss pedal probably more miss haha but i love it just have had my eye on a BOA for a while

Indeed, the Catapult was another flag that not to many saluted. What you may be working on, is a pedal museum .... the obscure, the unloved. Which ain't a bad thing. Drummers do tend to collect drum type stuff.​
One pedal in my collection, the 1973 Zalmer twin.​

Attachments

• zalmer_twin_1973.jpg
    zalmer_twin_1973.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 727
Indeed, the Catapult was another flag that not to many saluted. What you may be working on, is a pedal museum .... the obscure, the unloved. Which ain't a bad thing. Drummers do tend to collect drum type stuff.​
One pedal in my collection, the 1973 Zalmer twin.​

yeah ive always had an eye for oddities especially drum related for sure
that pedal looks pretty sweet have you ever jus takin it for a test drive? lol or is it def for show?

Oh, I've given it a test drive .... and now it's just for show. The slave drive is like a metal coil (roto-rooter), so it gives up a lot of energy. Albert Bouchard used a Zalmer, in the early B.O.C. days. But his was modified, with a Speed King pedal as his main, and the Zalmer for the slave. One day I got a chance to get one, so I did.​
One of my other oddballs, is an ASBA Caroline.​

Attachments

• ASBAbdp101.JPG
    ASBAbdp101.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 545
  • ASBAbdp108.JPG
    ASBAbdp108.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 525
I had heard a rumor that Bob Gatzen was working on a revision of the BOA for DW (not PDP).

Have no idea if it's true though. You could probably contact Bob through his youtube channel or something.

Oh, I've given it a test drive .... and now it's just for show. The slave drive is like a metal coil (roto-rooter), so it gives up a lot of energy. Albert Bouchard used a Zalmer, in the early B.O.C. days. But his was modified, with a Speed King pedal as his main, and the Zalmer for the slave. One day I got a chance to get one, so I did.​
One of my other oddballs, is an ASBA Caroline.​

that thing looks beefy man bet its why its held up lol

I had heard a rumor that Bob Gatzen was working on a revision of the BOA for DW (not PDP).

Have no idea if it's true though. You could probably contact Bob through his youtube channel or something.

He's mentioned it a few times over the years since the PDP version was discontinued, he always says "next year", but it hasn't happened as of yet. I'm sure DW is very gun-shy after people didn't understand the BOA pedal.

Back