Is my throne too small?

I'm 5"11 and I sit as low as my throne goes, I believe its 19" off the ground. If you want to sit higher, get something else. Gotta be comfortable when playing.

The simple question is, is it comfortable for you? If it can't be adjusted to YOUR prefered seating height, it's time to get one that can.

You'll find there's not much relationship between a person's height and their seating position. Ringo is a short guy who sits way up high. Tommy Lee is a tall guy who's right down low.

Your thighs should be at least parallel to the ground IMO.

The simple question is, is it comfortable for you? If it can't be adjusted to YOUR prefered seating height, it's time to get one that can.

You'll find there's not much relationship between a person's height and their seating position. Ringo is a short guy who sits way up high. Tommy Lee is a tall guy who's right down low.

Agreed. I am 5-10 as well. I like to sit high, with my Roc-N-Soc extended to the max. But some taller people like to sit higher, some shorter peopel lower, etc.

The main determining thing for me is how my feet sit on the pedals. Some people like to be low, others high.

Yes, I would say, if your throne's maxed out at 20.5 inches .... it's short. But it's only too small if you want to sit higher. Because it limits you, that's bad.​

Back