Yamaha Hex Rack System

2bsticks

Platinum Member
I hear these will be available this month. Anyone know the costs and configurations that will be available?

Sad really. Yamaha is going to hype this hex system up and try to support selling it at a blown up price...when you can get a decent, functional rack, for half that cost. Just like anything that "hasn't been done before" or is twisted in some kind of fashion...like that diamondback china...drives the prices way up. I hate it.

its not the brand that makes the hype, it are the persons who are intrested in it ;)

I think they are great and the best of both worlds.

No memory locks needed, 1 diameter size for holders, arms etc, 3 sizes of pipe, 2 types of legs and 6 different clamps.

I think they are great, and for what you get really durable (if you looking at the durabillty of the Yamaha hardware over the past years)

Im curious to the weight. Im checking the rack on the Musik Messe nex thuesday. Than im going to decide to order one or not.

The only bad thing is that the 3 sided version (the HXR4L) is not sold separatly. this version only comes with the DTXtreme IIIs

MusiQman are you saying that big rack is only for electric drums?

I'm a multi-millionaire so I will get a few of these.

....and back to the real world, I think I'll stick with something under $400, unless you live in a dream it's just not needed.

I'm using the curved Gibraltar rack currently with the two side wings. Works great and looks sharp. The hex rack is something new and I love the look of it but can't see spending that type of cash just to change the appearance of my setup really.

Yamaha back in the late'80's and early 90's made a great rack system with smaller tubes than gibraltar that were supposed to be more rigid and they had a bunch of different clamp options to give a true one of a kind setup. These look nice but the price is definitly a no go for me, I'm sure it's a rock solid rack but too pricey in my book.

MusiQman are you saying that big rack is only for electric drums?

The HXR4LD is only delivered with the Extreme IIIs in the official catalogue. Its not mentioned in the HexRack folder at all.

But on the internet and in shops, the rack IS sold seperatly. With a price somewhere around 800-850.

Like here:
http://www.rmcaudio.com/yamaha/drums.htm

The older SUPER RACK SYTEM and its clamps are still on sale. But they are/where more expensive than the new one.

http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha...s/30_hardware/80_super_rack_system/index.html

I own quite a bunch of these clamps (APC and AC) and use them in my setup.

finally :D

Its here:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=19959217&uid=4353153

322912125.jpg

Now... build..

first sleep ;)

Is that thing bulky or what?

Looks like it can hold a truck, hope you enjoy it. Post more pictures when you have everything set up.

Offcourse it can hold a truck.. hey its Yamaha...

Haha just kidding (but it can hold a lot off weight, thats for shure) its not bulky at all. Lighter than my older Gibraltar and Pearl (for now with th e4 clmaps, its going to be a total of 18 clamps, so we ll shall see ;) )

When its fully set up and read ( I expect after the summer) I will post some more pictures

Yamaha hardware is so awesome and tough, it really takes a beating. I have all Yamaha stands and pedals and I love them all. I was going to get the Hex rack but the pricepoint discouraged me, so I bought a Pearl ICON 501C curved rack (front only). So far so good there.

Back