Axis X Pedals

sssssssss

The question is if these hit hard enough. I know the A's can hit very hard because of the VDL which serves exactly that purpose; but as the X's don't have it, I wonder if they do have enough power, especially because I recall there were some discussions at one time about Axis pedals not being powerful enough. It's obvious the A's are poewrful (Gavin Harrison himself said he switched to Axis pedals simply because no other pedal hit as hard as this one), but since the drive of the X series looks like an A fixed in the front (aka the softer-hitting position), I wonder if they too have enough power, especially because the Axis (especially the X Series) doesn't have too many adjustments as compared to other top-end pedals to compensate that.

The question is if these hit hard enough. I know the A's can hit very hard because of the VDL which serves exactly that purpose; but as the X's don't have it, I wonder if they do have enough power, especially because I recall there were some discussions at one time about Axis pedals not being powerful enough. It's obvious the A's are poewrful (Gavin Harrison himself said he switched to Axis pedals simply because no other pedal hit as hard as this one), but since the drive of the X series looks like an A fixed in the front (aka the softer-hitting position), I wonder if they too have enough power, especially because the Axis (especially the X Series) doesn't have too many adjustments as compared to other top-end pedals to compensate that.

The VDL is more for feel. Power comes from the player. The Axis X can transfer all you've got, its lighter/faster than the Axis A and has been designed for optimal performance, not user adjustability.

The X is the performance/track version whereas the A is street/comfort version.

I own 3 Axis X pedals, a double and a single, although its more like 3 singles because the double is so easily converted to 2 singles.. I havent heard any lack of sound from them, Les Ismore is right, it's all based on the player, the drum and the tuning :) i reckon. Because they are fantastic pedals, I have loved 'em since the day I bought 'em. I agree with everything Les Ismore said about the A's, because it's totally true. The X's are very very smooth and makes it easy to be very accurate, because even when on high tension it feels like its only on loose/medium tension of a normal pedal, which for me makes me faster, because i have the same feel and the footboard returns faster :D. so I would give em a try for yourself! :).

i have a pair of Axis A longboard double pedal's used but in great condition how much are the worth?????????

Actually dude he said those are the only pedals he could hit hard with. He didn't say that the pedals themselves hit hard. That statement shows that axis pedals are as strong as your own kick strength.

Back