Drum thrones in Australia

laxation

I have searched through some threads about thrones and found that the general consensus is for Roc n Soc or Tama 1st Chair.

Unfortunately in Aus, I can't find them at any shops...

Here is a list of what is available.
http://www.allansmusic.com.au/search/throne.aspx
These guys have the biggest range that I've seen, other places have only had a couple of different types.

Out of these thrones, which one is recommended?
What should I look for when trying it out?

I get a sore lower back, so anything that can help that out would be fantastic.

Unfortunately in Aus, I can't find them at any shops...

Unfortunately, I've been unable to find any Roc n Soc availability in Oz, either (ebay yeilded nothing fwiw). Although I didn't look, Tama are widely available here. I'm surprised you weren't able to find a 1st Chair??.....but that aside, I bit the bullet and rolled with the Gibraltar 9600 oversized 'tractor seat'......man, what a throne!! My arse has never been more content. Although, I dealt on a better price than what you've listed......either try ebay or aim to twist Allans' arm......I honestly think you can do better if you're savvy enough.

Good luck mate.

Ive only looked on the net and havnt found a Tama 1st anywhere around. Where did you see them?
I'd like to go try em.

Ive only looked on the net and havnt found a Tama 1st anywhere around. Where did you see them?
I'd like to go try em.

Although I didn't look, Tama are widely available here.

It's as simple as written mate........I didn't. It was far more question than answer, I'm afraid.

But I know, Hydes, Drumtek and Drummers Paradise all stock Tama......I've seen the Ergo Rider and Road Pro etc around. Not guaranteeing anything, but reckon it could be as simple as an enquiry and placing an order.

Worth a shot mate.

Last edited:
Righto, missed that bit...

Billy hyde in Blackburn only had 2 gibraltar types and a pearl (plus some other cruddy ones that I didnt bother to look at)

ill try them other shops

Wow! It must be rough for you under planet folk.
I am always amazed at how little gear that you have access to.

I really feel spoiled being a Yank.
My only worry is this.
Who has the gear that I want for a few greenbacks less than the other hundred people that are selling it?

Thats what the guy at the shop said. He said if I am over 5'10" (I'm 6'3") then it will be too unstable at a higher height.
I chose the oversize gibraltar, looking forward to using it!

Thats what the guy at the shop said. He said if I am over 5'10" (I'm 6'3") then it will be too unstable at a higher height.
I chose the oversize gibraltar, looking forward to using it!

Yup, your gonna love that thing.
Mine is somewhat of a copy of that throne made by Sound Percussion and It is so comfortable that I dont even think about it.
Its gonna be one of the best investments youve ever made for your kit.

This is mine...

004.jpg
003.jpg

If you are planning a trip to Canberra, Better Music have Tama thrones. I bought the 1st Chair with bike seat and my rear end and lower back have never been happier.

Hi Lax, I just picked up a Tama 1st Chair Round Rider from these guys in Toowoomba of all places.

http://www.roycemusic.com.au/

It was cheaper than I could get from the US including Shipping. (which is a killer on heavy stuff like drum hardware).
Call them and talk to Kane, very helpfull.

HTH

Mike

there's one shop in the innerwest of sydney - at burwood, that sell roc n soc.. took them 6 months to get my roc n soc in. but it was worth it.

honostly you should try out gibraltar stools, also the mapex motor cycle style. they are VERY good and i would say equally as comfy as the roc n soc.

oh also the gibraltar/mapex ones would be about half the price of those expensive tama ones.

also if your back is hurting, try sitting higher ;)

Back