Admire my shiny pedals

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
This is one of those annoying "look what I bought!" threads.

I sold my demon drives to a friend a few months back after realizing I just don't play well with them. Then I got some mapex falcons 1/2 price which feel a little weird but are very cool and definitely very effective once you get used to them. I'm keeping them, but I needed a 2nd double pedal for my live kit, so I finally bought the pedal I felt most comfortable in all my instore trials. I made sure I got the new edition.

They arrived tonight. After an hour I got annoyed with the heavy dw beaters and instead put my wooden demon drive beaters and they're purrrrfect. At least I think so. Tomorrow I'll play through virgil donati's book and I'll know then.

Attachments

• mapexpearl.JPG
    mapexpearl.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 435
  • dw9002.JPG
    dw9002.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 432
Yeah I think so. They feel alot heavier without shoes, which I did consider but wow, big difference. The heavy dw beaters get such an awesome thump but you really pay for it with your speed. Anyway, the pearl beaters have fixed that I think.

It's hard to describe how they're different to the falcons but they are very different. I have grown to love the falcons but long boards (or long-er boards as falcons are) are great for double pedal playing but maybe not as good for single pedal pedal stuff. Ex: single foot doubles are a little more difficult, at least for me. And you'll find that coming into play with quick syncopated patterns too.

I cut my teeth on an iron cobra and the 9000 in my opinion is the next step in the evolution for me.

I've just got the single DW9000, not the double. It combines a solid, hefty, no-nonsense feel with complete buttery smoothness. The whole thing just screams quality to me.

That said, there's an up/down single technique I've been working on, and so far, I can do it faster with a less expensive, not as well built Yamaha pedal. Not sure exactly why, but I think the reason centers around the heel plate.

Still, there's no denying the well built feel when putting your foot to the 9000.

The setup looks real comfy in your second pic.

Last edited:
I love my 9000s too. Coming from a guy who thought the IC beaters are way too light, the DWs don't feel all that heavy to me... and they have a really killer sound. I'm weirdlu traditional with my pedals, too: short boards and strap drive are musts for me. Still, the 9000s are really killer pedals... and I got them brand new for only $300 (for the double!!)

This isn't annoying at all! Three double bass pedals? :eek:

- Reggae

Back