DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 12-05-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Best drumming album of all time?

Very hard to pick only one, probably have to go with Rush - "Exit - Stage Left..."

I just picked up a copy of "Burning for Buddy - A Tribute to the music of Buddy Rich". Very hard to find in Australia.

Totally blew me away. What a list of guest drummers all on the one album: Cobham, Gadd, Peart, Weckl, and Phillips to name a few. I would love to find this on Video or DVD.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:42 AM
LiveGoat

This thread's probably done but here goes anyway. I look at it as a introduction and a way for those who care to get to know my tastes. So here goes:

For me a great drumming album has to be a great album first. Therefore (in my opinion, anyway) a great album is by default a great drum album (provided it has a drummer). That being said:

Led Zeppelin: "How the West Was Won"--

Yeah, we know they're all great for drums in their individual ways but I'm currently listening to this one. A lot! Live Bonzo at his best. Some of the songs on these three discs rival the studio versions. One also learns that Zep were far from a band that just overplayed willy-nilly. Aside from longer solos they tend to stay pretty well within the structure of the songs as recorded, demolishing the idea that they were excessive as live performers. Also after a long hiatus from listening to them they seem downright fresh compared to the over-produced bland rock that's currently in favor. Also I've come to respect Plant a lot more as a singer than I did in highschool. At times he sounds like one part Elvis, one part Janis and sometimes even a hint of Nina Simone! I could go on and on but I've just started. Next!

The Who: "The Wo Sell Out" and "Live At Leeds"--

Moonie gets a lot of flack about his playing. One listen to songs like "Oderono" or "Mary Anne" says otherwise. The man was perfectly capable of tasteful drumming. Live At Leeds shows the tightness this group had and just why you had to see them to "get" them. The seeds for punk and lo-fi indie rock were sown by these guys IMO. Moonie could be sloppy but tight at the same time. Also Townsend as a guitarist proves he could hold his own against anyone. Just listen to "Young Man Blues" and the extended jam of "My Generation" on Leeds. There are times when he sounds scarily like Jimmy Page. Next!

The Jimmy Hendrix Experience: "Are You Experienced", "Axis Bold As Love"--

Mitch Mitchell was a self taught drummer but man, he was rock's Elvin Jones. Sloppy but tight like Moonie but less surfy and a little more coherent in skill. When I first heard him it was liberating. "Wow, you can fill over the vocals sometimes, cool!" "Manic Depression" and "If 6 was 9" are absolute gems." Onward!

John Coltrane: "My Favorite Things", "A Love Supreme"--

Elvin Jones. Nuff said.

Charlie Parker: "Complete Live Recordings on Savoy"--

Max Roach. Some of the recordings are primitive at best but man it's one of my faves.

The John Spencer Blues Explosion: "Extra Width"--

Russell Simins (the drummer not the music mogul; although they have worked together on a project or two) prove's that he's indie rock's John Bonham. Yeah, you can play what he's playing on this album but can you play it as fast and as hard and in the groove like him? Play along to this album with your headphones on and don't forget to drag out that cowbell for the song "Pant Leg". This is an album that'll make you move. Also Russell's a big boy behind a tiny kit. One kick, one snare, small floor tom, one crash/ride cymbal and hats. Less is definitely more on this one.

The Clash: "London Calling", "Sandinista"--

Topper Headon a terrific drummer and songwriter. Just learned he wrote and performed "Ivan Meets G.I. Joe" and "Rock the Casbah" all by himself!

Al Green: "I'm Still In Love With You"--

Great grooves, great album.

Wilco: "Being There"--

There's some great rock drumming on this double album.

The Velvet Underground: "Loaded"--

Mo Tucker really shines on this one. You can tell she really developed her style from her minimal (yet still great) debut on the Bannana album.

The Stooges: "Funhouse"--

Simple but wonderful.

Louis Prima and Keely Smith: "The Artist Collection" (Capital)--

I think that's the right title. This is a double cd of they're best. Great swinging,sax,lounge,boogie,jazz,ballad, etc... Plus you get Sam Butera on sax. Anyone who can't get into Prima is a commie.

The Flaming Lips: "The Soft Bulletin", "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots"--

The Lips are to Alternative rock what the Floyd were to Rock. It's all rock though, isn't it?
Steve Drozd. Another multi-instrumentalist and great drummer. You gotta hear these albums. They'll be in the Rock History books someday. Speking of multi-instrumentalists...

The Band: "Music From Big Pink", "The Band"--

Every great album collection needs these discs. Levon Helm. Wow, where to start. He was a farmer then a rock musician, then back to farming after splitting from Dylan's backing band, then back to music in the Band (i.e. Dylan's backing band). Aside from being a great accompanist he plays many instruments. Plus he sang in The Band! Also check out the film, "The Last Waltz". It's great. Also was it just me or were the segments with Van Morrison and Dylan bizarre or what? Speaking of Dylan and his backing band...

Bob Dylan: "Blond on Blond"

Onward.

Joni Mitchell: "Blue" Then there's...

Tom Waits: "Small Change", "Bone Machine", "Mule Variations"--

Yeah I know, there's only one drum song on "Small Change" but it's "Pasties and a G-String" and it's Shelly Manne... The other two are just filled with great percussion and music. I'm not even sure if I know who all plays on them but I think they're great. Actually I think Less Claypool and Keith Richards appear on Bone Machine.

Elvis Costello: "This Year's Model", "Brutal Youth"--

There are more but "This Year's" was my first Costello album and "Brutal" was a great comeback to the old Costello sound. Both have some terrific drumming on them.

Johnny Cash: "Live At Folsem and San Quentin" They're one album to me--

W.S. Holland. Listen to him on Orange Blossom Special in particular. Awesome.

Cream: "Wheels Of Fire", "Disraeli Gears"--

It's Ginger, isn't it?

U2: "The Joshua Tree"--

Another one for the history books. "Bullet the Blue Sky", "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", "Where the Streets Have No Name" and what I consider one of the most perfectly crafted/performed/recorded love songs in history, "With Or Without You". This was the song that woke me up about music. I was a young metal head. I loved playing the drums but I didn't really "think" about music or how drums could be used "for" the song. I heard this song and it all made sense. The way it fades in, the atmosphere of the vocals, the soft beat in the begining, the snare beat, the quiet rumble of the floor toms at the end of the beat. Listening to this song one experiences an emotional event that happens at a distance, then slowly moves toward you, then envelopes you, then carries you along in an explosive catharsis. This song does what Aristotle said all great poetry, music, theatre (and in our time, film) should do: Make the spectator/listener go through a spirtual/primal emotional journey that cannot be described intellectually. But, by gum I just tried to, didn't I? Okay, moving right along...

The Melvins: "Ozma"--

Not for everyone but what great ssssllloooowwww drumming. Also the guitarist (King Buzzo) collaborated with Mike Patton and Terry Bozzio on that musical project thingy, the name of which escapes me but I'm very intrigued. Speaking of slow...

Soundgarden: "Louder Than Love"--

The first and best, in my opinion.

Rush: "Moving Pictures"--

I gotta say I was never a big Rush fan back in the day. I mean I always thought Peart was amazing and I even saw them on the "Presto" tour but they never grabbed me. But compared to the music today, they're like jazz. I think I have a new crush.

R.E.M.: "Life's Rich Pageant", "Document", "Green"

I love the drums on these albums. I love Bill Berry. I wish he'd drum for them again.

Okay, this got long winded a long time ago. Sorry. There are many others but whoever bothered to read this far, thanks for your time.

---LiveGoat
Old 12-19-2005, 10:31 PM

Scenes from a Memory - Dream Theater
Old 12-20-2005, 01:26 PM

Steps Ahead CD "Smokin' In The Pit" a 1979 live recording 2CD set recorded at the Pit Inn jazz club in Tokyo, Japan.

The line-up is marvellous:

Mike Mainieri - vibraphone
Michael Brecker - tenor saxophone
Don Grolnick - piano
Kazumi Watanabe - guitar
Eddie Gomez - bass
Steve Gadd - drums
Old 12-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Senior Administrator

if you had suggested anything else other than something with gadd in it, it would start rainging soup.
j
Old 12-23-2005, 01:08 AM
nhzoso

I would have to go with Physical Graffiti by Zep, The song " In my time of dying" is awesome and sounds like alot of fun to play..I hope to learn it someday. And I like every song on permanet waves by rush, although every album by rush has pretty incredible drumming. Honorable mention for me would be Fastway's 1st album self titled. I am new so I do not know for sure but I bet the songs are kinda easy to play but man they just hit at the right times and the fills are dead on.. plus the lead guitar is played by fast Eddie Clark formerly of motorhead so how can ya go wrong.Listen to it if you get the chance.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Silver Member

Well lets see erm...

Any Judas Priest album with Les Binks mainly- "Unleashed in the east". If you listen to 'Sinner' on the "Sin after Sin" album you will experience impossible open hi-hat work well i think!
Any Judas Priest album with Scott Travis in it mainly-"Painkiller" if no ones heard the title track they deserve to be shot as it is one of the most renowned drumming tracks of all time!
Racer X- Live at the whisky snowball of doom. An awesom album with some fantastic fills in it again Scott Travis.
Any album of Dream Theaters because Portnoy has to be seen or heard to be believed but mainly-"Scenes from a memory".
And of course "Beneath the Remains" by Sepultura should be on there too"

Peace...JT
Old 01-07-2006, 01:43 AM

Personal favourite is Ghost In The Machine by The Police. The album wouldn't have been so cool without Copeland's style and intelligence.

White City by Pete Townsend, Simon Phillips on Give Blood and Secondhand Love, awesome.

Living My Life, Grace Jones with Sly and Robbie.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:31 PM

Matt Johnson - that guy has excellent independence. Grace is definitely one of the best, the soundīs just sooo cool, one of the best sound of drums I ever heard on CD.
Than Sting - Ten Summoners tales, I like ...all this time (Sting), Joe Satriani and Manu Katche.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Silver Member

"Sailing the Seas of Cheese" Primus, 1991
Tim Alexander

"Symbolic" Death, 1994
Gene Hoglan

"The Only Law is Survival" Hateplow, 2000
Dave Culross

"Images and Words" Dream Theatre, 1992
Mike Portnoy

Good stuff, really good stuff...

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Old 01-09-2006, 09:29 PM
GONE MUCH TOO EARLY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateplow
"Images and Words" Dream Theatre, 1992
Mike Portnoy
That one is disqualified for having the worst recorded drum sound of all time...
Old 01-13-2006, 08:41 PM

Fredrik Thordendal Special Defects- Sol Niger Within Feat. Morgan Agren. This guy is simply amazing. Thomas Haake looks up to him.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Stu_Strib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I just picked up a copy of "Burning for Buddy - A Tribute to the music of Buddy Rich". Very hard to find in Australia.
Did you try iTunes? I guess they have different selections for different countries (stupid record labels).

I like the Steve Ferrone, Pick up the Pieces, but I'm not sure where Buddy fits. That was an Average White Band song played by Ferrone. The only thing I can think of is the BAND in the track is Buddy's big band?
Old 01-14-2006, 12:42 AM

Ginger Baker - Middle Passage: Superb world-jazz drumming and excellent band
Dave Brubeck - At Carnegie Hall: Joe Morello at his best!
Art Blakey - Moanin': Needless to comment...

and many many more ......
Old 01-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Pioneer Member

Achtung Baby- U2
Larry's beats for the songs on this record are his best work and my favorites.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:09 PM

the crossing by big country. mark brzezicki is truly brilliant on it, cant explain how good, just get it
Old 01-16-2006, 08:49 PM

Mercy, Mercy - Buddy Rich
Soul Searching - Steve Ferrone
Just about any Tower of Power album w/ David Garibaldi
Old 01-17-2006, 07:13 PM

I don't think I could call one album "best," but I'll mention a particular one of my personal favorites because not many people seem to know of it:

Cure for Pain, by Morphine

A masterpiece of an album all in all, in my opinion.

Jerome Dupree plays on most of the album's tracks and his drumming is beautiful in its own right, but serves the songs completely. It's never flashy or distracting, complimenting the band's "less is best" approach, but the groove is overwhelming and his fills are perfectly constructed, yet sound totally effortless. That being said, the drumming's not simplistic or easy stuff -there is a lot of off-beat hihat pedal work and syncopated cymbal parts and his feel is just unbelievable. I highly reccomend this album to any drummer. I was really into the prog thing (rush/primus/tool ...etc) back in '94 when I first heard this album and it was completely unlike anything I'd ever listened to. I was floored and although I still loved guys like Peart, Alexander, and Carey, I thought "that's how I want to sound when I play"

The music's best called rock, I guess, but there's no guitar. These guys were right on the fringes of the international main-stream and their stuff is easily available, but surprisingly few people know them. They had a sad ending around 2000, but were one of the most original bands of the 90s. Morphine was a trio with vocals, bass (played with only 2 strings, a pick, and a bottle-neck slide -I know, but it sounds amazing), drums, and sax (mostly barritone). If anyone decides to check them out, I'd go for either Cure for Pain or The Night at first -both incredible albums, if you ask me. Their other albums (and one or two songs on Cure for Pain) feature Billy Conway on drums who I also liked very much, but he was a much different player -more of a charlie watts thing going on with him.

Last edited by Auger; 01-17-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlow
John Coltrane's A Love Supreme with Elvin Jones on drums. That album will be played repeatedly at my funeral. Elvin rips it up so hard on this album and manages to comp the other players so well it makes me sick.
although i havnt really ben into a lot of jazz lately, this is very possibly the greatest jazz akbum if all time; John Coltrane, insane, and Elvin Jones, there really isnt much yoou can say abut him, i read in DRUM! magazine that he truly fel;t that every time he played rums he was healing someone...his music is so powerful...its intoxicating
Old 02-03-2006, 07:34 PM

hendrix experience- Are you Experienced

The Who- Quadraphinia

Led Zepplin- Zepplin II
Old 02-07-2006, 11:55 PM

I've always been a fan of Tommy Aldridge's music with Pat Travers.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBreath
What single album had the most technically and musically excellent drumming that tied the music together while advancing style and still rocking your socks off?

I suggest Rush - Moving Pictures. Neil Peart took drumming to new heights with this album. If you can listen to "YYZ" without tapping your feet, beating your hands on your legs, and nodding your head, you have no pulse.

Bonus Trivia Question: Do you know what the significance of the letters "YYZ" is in reference to the song?
I agree moving pictures is the greatest drum album of all time. And the significance of the letters YYZ you want to know? The small 2 measure thing at the begining neil does on the ride cymbal means YYZ in morse code.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:19 AM

Marvin 'Smitty' Smith on Steve Coleman and 5 Element's 'Black Science'. Also Strata Institute's "Cypher-Syntax" also with Coleman. The concept and use of the 'drum chant' a true innovation IMO. All of Coleman's M-Base projects push the envelope hard.

Cobham's 'Spectrum' came to mind first and has been mentioned several times. Ditto on Elvin on any record with Coltrane.

Can't leave out Tony on any of the Miles Quintet recordings. Now that was innovative! "E.S.P"., and especially "Miles Smiles".
Old 02-08-2006, 02:41 AM

Best drumming album has to be whitepony with abe cunnigham behind the trape. Digital bath gives me chills
Old 02-09-2006, 03:58 AM

Steve Gadd on Chick Corea's Mad Hatter (especially Humpty/Dumpty) or the Friends Album! Gadd & Corea - landmark music!!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Pioneer Member

I really liked Iron Maiden's greatest hits cd, 666 number of the beast is an amazing song........and i have 666 posts....uh oh, UH OH!
Old 02-21-2006, 03:43 PM

Back In Black.
Phils driving beats and no nonsense approach is amazing.
Zep II (Duh)
Hysteria
Rick Allen is inspirational. Come on the guy only has one arm!
Perfect Stangers
Ian is the man.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:30 AM

Mudvayne - The End Of All Thing To Come
Augury - Concealed (Augury review , mp3's
Dream Theater - Awake
Porcupine tree - In Absentia
Old 02-22-2006, 01:14 AM

Burning For Buddy

Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door (the bonham shuffle is my favorite drum groove ever)

Rush - Moving Pictures
Old 02-22-2006, 05:08 PM
mlehnertz

It's the airport location identifier (call letters) for the Toronto Airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A Drummer
I agree moving pictures is the greatest drum album of all time. And the significance of the letters YYZ you want to know? The small 2 measure thing at the begining neil does on the ride cymbal means YYZ in morse code.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:40 PM

Matt's Top 21
Here's a short list of albums that have been special and influential to me. I strive to be a drummer who can play a lot of styles, so there's quite a bit of different influences here.
These are in no particular order...

1. Let There Be Drums..Sandy Nelson
2. Something New, The White Album...Ringo Starr
3. Count Basie at Newport...Joe Jones (My Dad Turned Me On To Jazz with this album)
4. Wheels Of Fire...Ginger Baker
5. Electric Lady Land / Axis Bold As Love....Mitch Mitchell
6. Derek & The Dominos..Layla--Jim Gordon
Tied with Joe Cocker's Madogs and Englishmen...Jim Gordon, Jim Keltner
7. Johnny Cash At San Quentin or Folsom Prison...W.S. Holland Drums
8. Traffic...John Barley Corn... Jim Capaldi (and many other Traffic albums
9. The Doors Debut...John Densmore (and all other LPs)
10. Cannonball Adderley...Live In San Francisco..Louis Hayes
11. Miles..Something Else..Art Blakey
12. Led Zep-- 1, 2, 3, 4.and beyond.Bonzo
13. Who's Next and other Who Albums..Keith Moon
14. Deep Purple... In Rock and others...Ian Paice
15. Merle Haggard I'm a Lonesome Fugitive...Biff Adams (And Other Merle and Buck Owens Albums).
16. Mercy Mercy...Buddy Rich
17. Jazz At The Philharmonic..Gene Krupa
18. Shelly Manne and His Men Live At the Black Hawk Volumes 1-4
19. The Band (Brown LP) Levon Helm..(and many other Band albums)
20. Blood Sweat & Tears ..Bobby Columby "Child Is Father To The Man" and BS&T (second album)
21. The Ventures Onstage...Mel Taylor (Contains my favorite version of Wipeout)
Old 02-27-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger
I don't think I could call one album "best," but I'll mention a particular one of my personal favorites because not many people seem to know of it:

Cure for Pain, by Morphine

A masterpiece of an album all in all, in my opinion.

Jerome Dupree plays on most of the album's tracks and his drumming is beautiful in its own right, but serves the songs completely. It's never flashy or distracting, complimenting the band's "less is best" approach, but the groove is overwhelming and his fills are perfectly constructed, yet sound totally effortless. That being said, the drumming's not simplistic or easy stuff -there is a lot of off-beat hihat pedal work and syncopated cymbal parts and his feel is just unbelievable. I highly reccomend this album to any drummer. I was really into the prog thing (rush/primus/tool ...etc) back in '94 when I first heard this album and it was completely unlike anything I'd ever listened to. I was floored and although I still loved guys like Peart, Alexander, and Carey, I thought "that's how I want to sound when I play"

The music's best called rock, I guess, but there's no guitar. These guys were right on the fringes of the international main-stream and their stuff is easily available, but surprisingly few people know them. They had a sad ending around 2000, but were one of the most original bands of the 90s. Morphine was a trio with vocals, bass (played with only 2 strings, a pick, and a bottle-neck slide -I know, but it sounds amazing), drums, and sax (mostly barritone). If anyone decides to check them out, I'd go for either Cure for Pain or The Night at first -both incredible albums, if you ask me. Their other albums (and one or two songs on Cure for Pain) feature Billy Conway on drums who I also liked very much, but he was a much different player -more of a charlie watts thing going on with him.
Wow, Having just signed on here, it's a honor to be in such great company. I'm really glad you liked this enough to list it. It's something I'll always feel both proud of and lucky to have just been on it. It's still amazing to me that something I did has been heard by folks around the world. In any case thanks again for all the kind words. It's an honor!

Oh, and not to be too picky about it.. the last name is D E U P R E E .. most folks think that first e is a mistake..Thanks again....
Old 03-05-2006, 05:53 AM

Sol Niger Within by Fredrik Thorendal's Special Defects. Drummer is Morgan Agran or somehting like that. This guy is like Tomas Haake on steroid and he plays brilliantly, while meanwhile Haake is stuck doing these weird vocals. I think that says something about who's better, heh.

Tool's Lateralus and Aenima, take your pick. Both are equally impressive...Danny Carey is definitely on of my favorite drummers out there.

Steely Dan's Aja, of course.

Porcupine Tree's In Absentia...Gavin Harrison doesn't get enough credit, but I can't even follow what he does, and when I saw him live he was even more impressive.

Death's Symbolic, go Gene Hoglan.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
What single album had the most technically and musically excellent drumming that tied the music together while advancing style and still rocking your socks off?

I suggest Rush - Moving Pictures. Neil Peart took drumming to new heights with this album. If you can listen to "YYZ" without tapping your feet, beating your hands on your legs, and nodding your head, you have no pulse.

Bonus Trivia Question: Do you know what the significance of the letters "YYZ" is in reference to the song?
You took the words out of my mouth i love rush and yyz is my fav song i just love the drums but i dont know what yyz stands for.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Top Drumming Album of "All Time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty
Cinematic Orchestra: Man of Movie Camera - Luke Flowers

Damn, I never thought anyone would mention that. What a GREAT album!
Old 06-08-2006, 05:14 AM
Gold Member

Moon ..... Live at Leeds
Old 06-08-2006, 07:29 PM

Quote:

it code for the toronto intnl airport!!
i agree with Moving Pictures. i was gonna say any Rush album, but mostly MP, FTK,RTB,TFE
Old 06-08-2006, 08:45 PM

Moving Pictures gets my vote but 2112 could also be up there!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Hmm. In terms of the drumming which I most mimic and enjoy in regards to albums, it's probably either 'Larks' Tongues in Aspic' by King Crimson (Bill Bruford) or 'In The Court of the Crimson King' again, by King Crimson. This time though, the drummer is Michael Giles.

Both demonstrate phenomenally good musicality and phrasing. On both the title tracks of the former, Bill Bruford demonstrates his best talents, phrasing and grooving odd time signatures (particularly on Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part II - A deceptively simple 5/4 groove that is easily learnt and mimiced, but never mastered) and Bill Bruford's continuity and meshing with percussionist Jamie Muir is exceptional. Just a great album.

On ITCOTCK, Giles demonstrates his jazz credentials, particularly on the first track, 21st Century Schizoid Man. In the 'mirrors' section, the band play as a tight unit, with almost no time reference between the entire band. In itself, that passage is phenomenal. The song as a whole is frenetic and eclectic but multi-layered tonally and rhythmically diverse. Not to mention heavy. The rest of the album demonstrates tasteful, clean and precise support for the rest of the virtuoistic ensemble and is a pleasure to listen to throughout. The recent reissue in HDCD is definately one to check out, and the sound quality is superior to the vinyl in most respects.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:39 PM

My personal faves in no particluar order

"Headhunters" - Herbie Hancok with Mike Clark
"Back To Oakland" - Tower of Power with David Garibaldi
"Exit Stage Left" - Rush with Neil
"Spectrum" - Billy Cobham
"10,000 Days" - Tool with Danny Carey
"Star Time" - James Brown (Compliation with many great drummers)
"Prescence" -Zeppelin
"Tony Williams Quintet Live In Japan"
"Katy Lied" - Steely Dan with Jeff Porcaro and Hal Blaine
"Karizma" - All Star Fusion Qunitet with Vinnie Colaiuta