DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Technique

Drum Technique Tips - Tricks - Practice - Rudiments - Educational DVDs & Books.....

Old 06-06-2013, 10:54 PM

Default Heel-toe-slide technique?

ok, so my last thread was sort of a laughing stock... lol, but this one I think is a legitamite question. I don't really play drumset, but I'm learnig basic stuff. basically, I wanted to know if anyone can try this and post a video of it for me to see... I want to see someone combine the heel-toe technique and Slide technique into a monstrocity I call the Heel-Toe-Slide technique! where I like to do the heel toe technique, I can't really do the slide, (but i'll keep practicing it. ;D) so that I can do this technique to do triplets on each foot. ie, rrr lll rrr lll rrr lll.... and so on, in the form of dropping the foot for the heel, pushing again for the toe, and then sliding the foot forward for the slide. :D and I just want to see it done. itn my mind, it looks awesome, I just wanna see if anyone has tried it or would be willing to try and tell me how it goes. :) thanks to all! peace. :)
Old 06-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Heel-toe-slide technique?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracovyrn View Post
ok, so my last thread was sort of a laughing stock... lol, but this one I think is a legitamite question. I don't really play drumset, but I'm learnig basic stuff. basically, I wanted to know if anyone can try this and post a video of it for me to see... I want to see someone combine the heel-toe technique and Slide technique into a monstrocity I call the Heel-Toe-Slide technique! where I like to do the heel toe technique, I can't really do the slide, (but i'll keep practicing it. ;D) so that I can do this technique to do triplets on each foot. ie, rrr lll rrr lll rrr lll.... and so on, in the form of dropping the foot for the heel, pushing again for the toe, and then sliding the foot forward for the slide. :D and I just want to see it done. itn my mind, it looks awesome, I just wanna see if anyone has tried it or would be willing to try and tell me how it goes. :) thanks to all! peace. :)
I can't make you a video, but I do something that I would describe as that.

Basically, I do my heel toe, which I'm sure you're aware of how to do. Then it's like a reverse slide technique, in which, I slide the ball of my foot back down the pedal to get my third strike. I only play a single kick, and get pretty solid triplets with this technique.