Pork Pie Drums

slowrocker

Silver Member
Does anyone use these? Check out this link, some of the coolest and ugliest drums I have seen.

http://www.porkpiedrums.com/products/drumline/index.htm

Seriously? polka-dotted drums? multicolored? Clown-themed?

I love the rosewood zebrawood though. I first saw it and was like "that isn't bad, then I was like that is actually cool, but every time I see it I like it more. I may have to check pork pie out at some time, but some of those sets are horrendous!

What is people's obsession with Monster "energy drink"? I see clothes and decals on people's cars and now drums?

Bill Detamore does terrific, custom work on his own brand, as well as re-edging and other fine-tuning for a number of pros in L.A. If I wasn't loving my Ludwigs, I'd go with Pork Pie.

Bermuda

Does anyone use these? Check out this link, some of the coolest and ugliest drums I have seen.

http://www.porkpiedrums.com/products/drumline/index.htm

Seriously? polka-dotted drums? multicolored? Clown-themed?

I love the rosewood zebrawood though. I first saw it and was like "that isn't bad, then I was like that is actually cool, but every time I see it I like it more. I may have to check pork pie out at some time, but some of those sets are horrendous!

As Bermuda points out, these are Custom drums, so many of the kits you can see are specifically requested finishes.

I have two of the Squealer range of drums and am very happy with them, I only wish I could afford the US made drums.

Bill Dettamore is a good guy, he contributes to this site, and is also very hands on with customer service, I have had e-mails replied to directly from Bill, promptly, with all the information I needed. I have also read on here that Pork Pie are very good at getting spares parts out to other DW members.

Some of those are pretty ugly. I will say that I have a "lil' squealer" snare drum from Pork Pie and I will never sell it. It has been, by far, my favorite snare.

A friend of mine got an endorsement when he was touring a couple of years back. I've played his kit a few times. They sound wonderful. Up there with any other topline kit. He also has some 80's Gretschs and Yamaha RCs. The Pork Pies make him smile every time he sits down. Thin shell, sharp edges, modern sound. He uses coated plain 2 ply heads and it's a great combination of attack and warmth.

Like many custom builders, Bill creates what the customer wants. Some kits will be stunningly beautiful, others will look like the attempts of a 3 year old rolling around in different coloured paints.

What I find ironic (And I've seen this happen many times) is when the said customers then wish to sell on the (Unusual/quirky etc) kit, only to find that it actually will raise less than 10% of the cost price.

Back