WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!!

yesdog

Silver Member
This one of the down sides of playing in a band. You can't call in sick, I played yesterday with the flu I was miserable. On top of that we had to stop after our first song and leave the stage and go to seek shelter in one of the buildings at the festival we were playing at. because of a severe storm with hail. everyones equipment was fine. We finished our show, when I got home I listened to some of the songs my wife recorded. I was amazed that my tempos and groove were right on, everything else was awful. Anyone else out there played when being sick. I tell you Its no fun.

This one of the down sides of playing in a band. You can't call in sick, I played yesterday with the flu I was miserable. On top of that we had to stop after our first song and leave the stage and go to seek shelter in one of the buildings at the festival we were playing at. because of a severe storm with hail. everyones equipment was fine. We finished our show, when I got home I listened to some of the songs my wife recorded. I was amazed that my tempos and groove were right on, everything else was awful. Anyone else out there played when being sick. I tell you Its no fun.

Absolutely....being sick can be an issue. You never know when its gonna hit and canx-ing a gig isnt an option.

F

No i cant seem to remember playing sick,i feel for ya man,had to suck......

Sorry to hear that doggie. I've played a few times with heavy colds & such. It's not great. One time (many years ago) I played a two hour show with a badly disfunctional rear end. That was really bad. I had to leave the stage every 20 mins to take care of things. Very uncomfortable.

In my younger days, playing back to back gigs with a serious hangover from the previous night's after gig party was the worst. Oh my head!

A few months ago, played to a virtually empty rbar oom on a freezing winter night with severe toothache.

Horrible!

In late '08 I did a gig with the flu, I remember being hotter than ever before. I went to sleep during the following band's unbelievably loud set. Both bands were playing power metal too, it's not exactly the most calm and relaxing music to either listen to or play!

Back