DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:23 PM

Default Shipping rates when ordering to Europe...

Hi guys!
I live in Norway and the shipping rates to Europe are sometimes ridiculous and often there are only one or two options when choosing shipment. I have however found a place that is very cheap and the reason is that it takes longer, like 2-4 weeks, to deliver. I'm talking about books and sheet music. Unfortunately the cheap place doesn't have all the books and sheets that I want. Someone know a way around this?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Shipping rates when ordering to Europe...

Is this the cheap place you were referring to?
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/sear...arch=Find+book
They are by far the cheapest way to buy books (brand new that is, not second hand).
Living in Oz I know all about ridiculous shipping prices and these guys don't charge a cent for delivery (not sure if they'll have the sheet music you want though).
Old 06-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Silver Member

For books try book depository. com and play. com. They both are great value and free postage. Book depository has most drumming books I've looked for. Most countries have two postage options, standard and priority, this isn't just Norway. Waiting time is based on multiple factors and is out of your control really bar paying more for quicker priority shipping.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:48 PM

Thank you for your input! Forgot to mention that it's books and sheets regarding all percussion instruments and they are easier to find at places like Steve Weiss etc. The place I meant that is cheap is Sheet Music Plus and they send for like $2-$4. They don't have the same amount of percussion stuff to choose from though. I'm looking for marimba books like Mark Fords Technique Through Music and Julia Gaines Sequential Studies etc.