So I'm going to Sam Ash tomorrow.....

Muse FTW

And there's a HUGE sale (supposedly)!

I'm gonna get a Pearl ICON Drum Rack (3 sided).

I'm also thinking about getting some other equipment including:

New Double Bass Drum Pedal
Octobans or Timbales
Mabye a new Snare or a Cymbals

My questions are:

1. Which pedal upgrade (from an Iron Cobra) would be a better choice? DW5000s, DW9000s, or Trick V1 Detonator?
There is a large price difference and I want to know which would be the best for the money.

2. I'm going for a Mike Portnoy/Neil Peart sound for the Octoban/Timbale sound and I wanted to know which would be a better option to emulate that sound.

Thanks in advance for the info (I'll ask the other boards about the cymbal and snare options).

Double Bass Pedals:

me theory is that if your gonna upgrade them again later on... why not jsut get the best now. whats the point of busting out the money to buy 9000's then going to get Pro1's?

go straight to the top and pick up the trick pedals. i would personally get the bigfoot model

BTW I just saw some drums called Roto Toms....what do you guys think about those? How do they compare to the Octobans and Timbales?

Thanks again.

roto toms are entirely different things haha

and i highly suggest you at least test out the pedals before you just buy. i dont think ive heard of anyone buying trick pedals and hating them... but theres a first for everything.

as far as im concerned they are the best pedals money can buy.

Bottom line-Get your feet on all the pedals you are considering!! No one can tell you what will feel better or worse to you and it's your cash and you need to be able to tell the difference between the high dollar tricks and the Dw's.

As for the roto toms, unless mic'd in a live situation they don't project. They were big thing back in the '80's. As far as octobons I don't know that I"ve ever seen Peart use them. Personally depending on your setup I'd go for some smaller sized standard toms and tune them, little more versatility compared to octobons or roto toms.

Timbale's are cool, especially if you play latin, depending on what style you play you could use them for some cool accents here and there.

Back