Disposable Gear

I don't leave anything... last week I got bothered when I realized I left a pair decently used Promark 5A oaks at a gig!

In my case, they were a couple of $39 stands. Hopefully they will help other drummers in the future who find themselves in the same situation I did that day. I think they're potentially a better gift for many, than to select one recipient who'd probably resent being given a pair of "cheap" stands.

I still think I did a good thing. There are skunks out there who would have bought and used the stands, then tried to return them for their money back.

Bermuda

My boom stands are forty dollar specials. They function nice (minus a cranky rachet tilter now and then!) and they can be replaced cheaply. And they're lightweight!

You did good, Bermuda. You never know who will use them. I'd have done the same.

I usually leave my entire kit behind when I wear my cape,run off the stage and crash into a girl and get punched out by her boyfriend.

Then I have mommy go back and pick up my stuff cause I can..:):)

As chance would have it, the boyfriend was running a limousine garage and coming in to tell the band the good news.

Several times I've lost sticks down a crevice at the back of (or in) a stage. Lost both an o-ring and a stick that way at a gig in September 2009 (obviously not a big deal to me - ahem).

I was wondering about the amount of stuff that would have been under the stage, which I doubt had been cleaned for 30 years. Could even be a few stashes still down there lol

Sorry, I actually did a community theater gig that paid really good money for the amount of work I did. I went to the Guitar Center the week before and found this beat-up old (possibly water-damaged) Japanese 4-piece from the 60s. I got it for $129 and it sounded decent. When the gig was over two weeks later, with paycheck in hand, I took my cymbals and left the kit.

I actually had one of my friends leave a bass amp at my house. He never asked for it back. Now it is my bass amp. It's very useful to have a bass amp.

I've been given quite a bit of guitar gear over the years. It's odd. I have a Morley wah pedal just given to me by a friend who had replaced his setup with a GT-8. Then I was given an acoustic amp. Since then I've also been given an old 50s Harmony Archtop and a seven-piece Pearl Export!

Maybe my face just has 'give me your gear' written all over it. I use most of the donated gear quite a lot of the time!

Really? Another Mapex Saturn thread?

Back