Haven't we all felt like this at least once?

bigiainw

Gold Member
Sorry if this is old news or has been posted before, but I just saw this today and have lost count of the number of times I have been tempted to reproduce this over the years.
https://youtu.be/SVoEb5Rm5eo

Yikes, that's just brutal. Highly unprofessional though, and certainly reflects poorly on the singer.

Yeah, I hate that clip.

No matter the internal disputes band members have shaming/abusing another band member (either verbally or phsically) in public is the lowest of the low.

Very, VERY unprofessional. I would have knocked out that singer straight away.

Yeah, I hate that clip.

No matter the internal disputes band members have shaming/abusing another band member (either verbally or phsically) in public is the lowest of the low.

Very, VERY unprofessional. I would have knocked out that singer straight away.

This is why brothers shouldn't play in a band together.

Wow... That singer would have gotten more than a slap back if he did that to me.

LOL

What about Willy and Chris Adler?

Who is LOG?????????????????????????
Have I hit 20 characters yet drummerworld?

Remember the Ataris drummer?

http://youtu.be/F33V34o0OwE

To answer your question, no I have never wanted to slap/hit a guitarist but plenty of times I wished I could speak my mind.

Oh man, that's gotten me mad watching that. Some people are incredible.

I think the slap had more to do with disgust at that mullet than anything the guitarist actually played.

On a real note; I've never felt that way about anybody I've played with professionally. The closest I've come is giving a bass player the death stare when he drummed one of my toms during setup.

I have felt that way about some trumpet playing brothers that haunt my local jams.

Maybe the guitarist had too much happy juice, smoke or powder and lost the plot, hence the reprimand?

Still, no matter how much the guitarist was ruining the vibe and everyone's rep, the onstage slap made everything much worse. If I was playing with a guitarist floundering like that I'd try to help out and knit his phrases together as much as possible. It sure beats hanging him out to dry and stopping.

One time played I played in a scratch band at a big party where the singer imbibed too much beforehand and was worse than useless. Two of the band members were pros and one was so incensed he never spoke to the singer again afterwards. I have video footage of us playing the riff of Telegraph Sam for about several minutes with NOTHING happening! lol

In hindsight, as drummer, I maybe had some responsibility to lead everyone into a merciful end to the debacle, but as a lightweight in the group (not as light as the singer lol) I played it safe and stayed with the backbeat.

So everyone stayed put, looking at each other wondering what the hell to do and hoping the singer might get his stuff together - but he just mumbled the words from a lyric sheet and cracked bad jokes before it somehow ended. From memory he did okay in a Stooges song later on but too little too late.

I also played in the support band (keys), and that was obviously more functional. So the only time I ever "supported myself" I got upstaged :)

Back