drum mic clip or clamp suggestion?

412drummer

I need at least 4 to clip on the rims of snares, toms etc.. I have used the audix d-vice and liked it but its to much $ imo. I came across a brand called KAM on ebay that looks really nice for the money but I know nothing other than they look good. I am looking to get 4 clips for around $50, a little more is fine as well if they are really nice. Here is a link to the KAM ones. They have composite ones for a little less $ too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-KAM-metal-drum-mic-clamps-Rim-clip-mount-for-Snare-and-Tom-microphone-/220979206033?hash=item3373631791

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still getting "page cannot be displayed" on the OP's link.

Dennis

I use the Audix clamp with the gooseneck and sure iso mounts, works great but not cheap

Dvice-8de275abe87028cc052e7773f3d13c96.jpg

46007.jpg

rmandelbaum that is the audix clamp I referenced at the beginning of the thread I believe. I like that clamp but $25 a clip is to much.

I have seen some clamps that are smaller and work off of the tension rod. Sounds flimsy, but they are pretty sturdy. I can't think of the name of them off hand (sorry), but they are at the shop I go to, I can check the name. They are pretty inexpensive.

The ones you linked, and others similar made of the Black composite material seem OK though. Some are pretty inexpensive, so that might be a way to go for now, and get something better later.

If you can find them used, I have had a set of LP CLAWS for almost 25 years, and no problems with them. They are really adjustable, and work on all sorts of rims.
New they are about $29 each.

I have seen some clamps that are smaller and work off of the tension rod. Sounds flimsy, but they are pretty sturdy. I can't think of the name of them off hand (sorry), but they are at the shop I go to, I can check the name. They are pretty inexpensive.

The ones you linked, and others similar made of the Black composite material seem OK though. Some are pretty inexpensive, so that might be a way to go for now, and get something better later.

If you can find them used, I have had a set of LP CLAWS for almost 25 years, and no problems with them. They are really adjustable, and work on all sorts of rims.
New they are about $29 each.

Thanks for the advice. After looking into it I think Im probably gonna shell out for these or audix d-vice previously mentioned. I really like both designs. Its more than I wanted to spend but Il just save a little and get something I really want I think.

If you're going to use them a lot, then a better built device is your best Bang- For-Your-Buck option (as usual) in the long run.

As a casual, or once in a while thing, the clip on deals I saw a lot of on eBay would work fine probably.

Some seem more versatile than others with a few levels or teeth for different kinds of hoops, but you are buying for your drums, not running sound for who knows what kind of kit is going to show up.

I have one of those Audix mic clips and it's nice, but the thing that seems to be a hassle with this mic clip, is the TINY wing nut to adjust the neck height--which I always seem to have to do when I go to use that clip. It holds a 57 OK though, and doesn't flop over. The "neck" itself seems pretty darn sturdy.

The thing that worries me as to long term use (why I didn't pick up more), is if the spring for clamping it onto a rim gets messed up, the thing is toast. It is faster, and more compact than the LP CLAW clamps I have, and I do like that about it.

Like I said I only have the one, and if someone else who has used them a lot can chime in, and put that issue to rest, that would be cool.

Back