Any one got practicing tips ?

MapexMadJames

Hey guys quite new to the forum and I'm a young player yearning for a bit of advice i have a Mapex M series which is my second kit and is only 3 month old.
I have Stagg Crash cymbals, Hi-Hats and a Paiste Ride and a Splash
I try to practice rudiments as much as i can and incorporate them into my chops and fills.
Any advice on rudiments please i have a dusty practice pad ?
I have recently joined a blues/rock band and i need to give some originality to my playing

Thanks
----------
James

Any advice on rudiments?

First develop the four basic strokes to a decent level: the full stroke, the down stroke, the tap stroke and the up stroke. Be sure to make full use of the rebound when playing full strokes. As for rudiments, spend the majority of your time on singles, doubles and flams.

I have recently joined a blues/rock band and i need to give some originality to my playing

Don't give an over emphasis on originality. It's more important to develop solid time and style. You develop time by playing and practicing, and you learn style by listening and imitating. Your own style will develop on its own as long as you keep your ears open and spend time learning things that have been played in the past.

Thanks a bunch for that rudiment advice :)
I tried it on my practice pad when i was reading the post and i used the rebound and it seemed to become a lot easier :)

Back