Chris Dave snare?

Sounds like a modern high school marching snare.
Just loosen the heads a little. I think that would provide you with that same sound.

Or a Ludwig Acrolite with the heads tuned very very very tight.

His main snare looks like a supra to me, at least in the picture at the beginning.

Yeah, it sounds like an aluminum snare with a thick top head cranked up. The size is definitely 14x6.5 but you can get that kind of sound out of pretty much any aluminum snare in the 5.5-7" depth range.

Yeah, it sounds like an aluminum snare with a thick top head cranked up. The size is definitely 14x6.5 but you can get that kind of sound out of pretty much any aluminum snare in the 5.5-7" depth range.

Can you recommend me a nice thick head friend?

Sure, a coated Evans G2 or Remo Emperor would be what most people get for a typical thick-ish head. If you want to keep it a bit more dry, Evans has plenty of heads like that, i.e. the Genera HD Dry head. You probably wouldn't need any additional muffling with that head.

Sure, a coated Evans G2 or Remo Emperor would be what most people get for a typical thick-ish head. If you want to keep it a bit more dry, Evans has plenty of heads like that, i.e. the Genera HD Dry head. You probably wouldn't need any additional muffling with that head.

Thank you so much :)

I know that Chris used to endorse Blue drum company; they made his snares and his kick drum. I know that one of his snares was an acrylic model, but I am not positive that he still works with that company.

I know that Chris used to endorse Blue drum company; they made his snares and his kick drum. I know that one of his snares was an acrylic model, but I am not positive that he still works with that company.

Thank you for information , im just looking on youtube cant say anything about his drums but i really like it his sound.One day he uses Gretsch one day DW its changing.Reason i open this subject is information about his snare drums.Depth , ply thing you know.Thanks for the answer again.

Back