Do I get value from my sticks or what????

W

wy yung

Hi guys.
Rather than post pic's of drums, I thought I'd show you what a cheapskate I've been lately. Here are a few shots of some of the saddest sticks I've ever seen. I have since bought new sticks.

In my defence, sticks cost about $20.00 a pair where I live. Of course I have loads of sticks in my bag but that's not at the teaching studio. I just kept forgetting to bring new pairs in.

IMGP5343.jpg

IMGP5347.jpg

IMGP5348.jpg

You need to put those where the beavers can't chew on them.

Does it affect your playing to use sticks that worn down? I don't like to use sticks past when the shank starts to start chipping away. It seems like the weight and rebound is not the same after that point.

Does it affect your playing to use sticks that worn down? I don't like to use sticks past when the shank starts to start chipping away. It seems like the weight and rebound is not the same after that point.

Yeah it's a bit different but I got away with it. ;-)

those regal tip drum sticks are a little slow. my music teacher(a bass player) at collage(secondary school(last year YAY!)) buys all our drum gear :( and we now have bags of those. there not my kinda stick

as for the worn sticks. im amazed there still alive

I am curious why the necking down towards the middle of the stick? Just curious cause I've never had that happen, on a kit anyway.

I am curious why the necking down towards the middle of the stick? Just curious cause I've never had that happen, on a kit anyway.

Rimshots. :)

I'm awful with my sticks and they chip all over the place with my aggressive playing etc. They tend to break altogether when they get as bad as yours though.

I get a dozen pairs every 3 months. sometimes more depending on how much i'm touring. Since I added a gon bops cowbell i've been going through them alot faster.

I won't use a stick if the tip is chipped or dented. I can't stand the sound of the ride cymbal with a chipped tip. I only use wood tips too. Once I let a drummer use my kit and he had nylon tips that were chipped up and he put micro-cuts all over my heads.

6 weeks? Pah! I get at least 3 months out of my sticks. I was sick of having to buy new sticks all the time so i just decided to start buying silverfox sticks instead, they actually do last a rather long time.

I'm playing about 6 to 8 hours a day though. ;-)

Back