Help ID This Snare Throwoff

AZStickman

Can anyone tell me who makes this throwoff?....... Terry

Attachments

• Snare Throw Off.jpg
    Snare Throw Off.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 146
That's a Nickel throw-off.

Thanks!...... I like your handle. The first kit I ever owned back in the late 60's was a 5 piece Camco in Green Sparkle. I looked online a while back and saw a similar kit selling for over $3,000........ amazing..... Terry

Thanks!...... I like your handle. The first kit I ever owned back in the late 60's was a 5 piece Camco in Green Sparkle. I looked online a while back and saw a similar kit selling for over $3,000........ amazing..... Terry

You're welcome. Ooo green sparkle. Got the set (minus the snare) in the avatar about 15 years ago for $100! :-0

"Looks like these throw offs have had some problems. Have you ever used them?..... Terry"

Never owned one. Didn't buy a few very nice otherwise snares because of this throw. I thought there was too much "play" in them, plus the lever was plastic, didn't trust them.

Last edited:
$100....... You stole those....... :)....... I was looking around a bit more and it looks like the Dunnette throwoffs are similar but built better...... I 've got my choice narrowed down to either Trick or Dunnette...... Terry

I've had a Nickel throwoff since 2006 and it's always worked smoothly and flawlessly. I don't mind the plastic at all - it's polycarbonate, the stuff they make bulletproof glass and car engine parts out of. I've had cheap metal throwoffs where the handles bent, but not the Nickel. It's lightweight and stays out of the way, unlike the current fad of gigantic metal Trick throwoffs.

$100....... You stole those....... :)....... I was looking around a bit more and it looks like the Dunnette throwoffs are similar but built better...... I 've got my choice narrowed down to either Trick or Dunnette...... Terry

Just the right place at the right time.

I've got Tricks on 3 of my snares, 2 of them have the 3 position stop (love em). Plus which they are stand up guys. I jellied and dropped one of my snares (different manufacturer) and broke the arm on the throw-off. Called Trick, explained the situation, my fault etc., over-nighted it to them for repair got it (or a replacement) back 3 days later no charge, talk about customer service! As far as the Dunnett is concerned, haven't had any direct contact with them, but the engineering and design look brilliant. Ronn Dunnett is one of those modern renaissance guys

Last edited:
Back