I am thinking of buying pdp platinum series drums are they good drums ??

Mrod

i rely like dws and im told these are just as good as them for the price um need more info abut them tho

I respect the fact you like DW drums, but what about them do you like that draws you to PDP? The hardware is different and the shells are different, so where is the appeal?

All this being said, I think Platinums sound great and are built well with the exception of the mounting hardware. If you like the sound get 'em. If you want DWs save for them or be on the lookout for a used kit you want.

If you really like DW I'd suggest looking at the DW Performance series instead of the PDP Platinums.

+1 I dont thinl the price difference is much on these 2 new sets... but quality wise it would make sense that a real DW would have better quality/sound..ect then a PDP by DW

i like dw for the sound but lets face it i have no job and im still a jr in high-school and i have no money for high end dw collectors series kits lol um i been looking at the performance seres tho, how are those ? in your guys view ?? umm what type of sets do you guys play ?

There's a difference of about $500 USD, give or take, between the price of the PDP Platinums and the DW Performance series. I've seen and played them both. I would definitely gather some more money and go for the Performance. I believe the DW Performance kit is about $1800 USD.

I play just about anything and own Yamaha, DW, Tama Bubinga, Gretsch and Pearl.

Dennis

i like dw for the sound but lets face it i have no job and im still a jr in high-school and i have no money for high end dw collectors series kits lol

Then don't get PDP just because DW "makes them". There's a lot better sets in that price range in my opinion.

Fox.

I play a mapex saturn and I think that u should really look in to these. They might b a little bit ovr your price range, but no matter wat set u eventually choose you want, deffinetly buy used. You will get a much better deal than new. Check out GC's used section of their website,Ebay, or craigslist. By the way Im in junior high 2, so I was in the same boat as u wen I bought my kit. And it worked out 4 the best!
Happy Holidays!

I have a set of sonor 3007's that go for well under a $1000 got 7 pcs for about $850 delivered... not sure how much a step down they are if any from the performance kits from DW at 2x plus the price... with a set of evans G2's on the toms they are all I need for being a weekend gigger... there are plenty more in that range catalina maples.. mapex marids..ect... You might want to look into one of these and down the road save your money for your dream DW set

i been seeing that a lot of pp dislike DW and PDP more the company name than the drums why is that ? yea i think i might look for used dw or another type of drum but idk i like dw for the class of drums they are and my fav drummer play dw as well !

i been seeing that a lot of pp dislike DW and PDP more the company name than the drums why is that ? yea i think i might look for used dw or another type of drum but idk i like dw for the class of drums they are and my fav drummer play dw as well !

But have you heard the other kits? As suggested below, A Sonor 3007 or a Mapex Saturn (specially) will blow a PDP Platinum or DW Performance out of the water; much more versatile, the Platinum's got this HUGE attack and shrill that get annoying in my opinion.
"Class of drums"? What's that supposed to mean? If it'll make you happier, buy DW, but at least check out the other kits, see what you're missing!

Fox.

if these make you fell better i have played on mapex drums and they would be my 2nd chose in buying a kit , i recommend them to friends that ask me abut buying drums !!

If you like the DWs, then buy the DWs.
If you like the PDPs, then but the PDPs.

I really dont think you can loose here.
I know for a fact that the PDPs are good kits (especially for the money).
The DWs are better and waaaaaay more expensive.
Just go with your gut.

Sounds like youre about 13 yo. Do you really need DWs now?.

I would say look at mid-range kits such as the Meridian maple/birch from Mapex, Gretsch Catalina, etc. These would make more sense for someone in your position. I have an M Birch kit myself, bought it a few years back and am happy with it.

If you must have a pro-level kit, I would recommend looking for used Gretsch Renown. Or a Mapex Saturn. The Saturns are fantastic drums.

I play on a set of pdp x7's maple and i they are great drums for the price....got 7 pieces with hardware delivered for like 850. not the best kit out there by no means but they are a good start in my oppinion. Had a set of D Dubs before and loved them but they were stolen when my house got broke into(sad face) cant afford another set now..any way go with the kit that will make you happy and it wouldnt hurt to take the previous posters advice they def no what thier talkin bout!

I play on a set of pdp x7's maple and i they are great drums for the price....got 7 pieces with hardware delivered for like 850. not the best kit out there by no means but they are a good start in my oppinion. Had a set of D Dubs before and loved them but they were stolen when my house got broke into(sad face) cant afford another set now..any way go with the kit that will make you happy and it wouldnt hurt to take the previous posters advice they def no what thier talkin bout!

Wow, stolen Dubs. That really blows.
I feel for you man.

the worst part is they were collector series that i spent around $2300 out of my military sign on bonus...had the urge to cry for like 3 weeks lol but there was nothing i could do.

Back