Show us your tiny kits

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Since there is a "show us your monster kits" thread, for the sake of balance I thought it would be fun for members to provide photos of their minimalist kits. I'm thinking just one to three trips to the car to fetch.

My baby is below.

drums-with-stompbox.jpg
I posted it on some other thread here so some of you will have already seen it, but this thread is maybe a better context because we can put the "babies" together in one creche :)

Since the photo was taken I've bought a tiny 10 watt IBZ10ZB bass amp for the stomp box. Does anyone know if it be slaved to a PA for gigs?

My only regret is that the kit's not in pink ...

Attachments

• drums-with-stompbox.jpg
    drums-with-stompbox.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 3,129
Last edited:
Plugging it into a PA is simple. Just get a 6.35mm cable (like a standard guitar cable) and plug the thing into the "phones" socket then take the other end of the cable and plug it into one of the free line in ports on the mixer for the PA. Job done.

Ta Eddie. I wondered if that might be it but wasn't sure if there was something clever that needed to be done. That would be a 1/4" jack to XLR lead most times, I imagine, rather than a normal guitar lead.

Ta Eddie. I wondered if that might be it but wasn't sure if there was something clever that needed to be done. That would be a 1/4" jack to XLR lead most times, I imagine, rather than a normal guitar lead.

actually, if you were using a 1/4-xlr lead it wouldn't be very good because it would mean you were using the mic input of the mixer for a line level signal so no. You want to plug into the 1/4 line input of the mixer rather than the XLR mike input so a normal sort of guitar lead will be fine.

What kind of mount is that for your small Djembe? I am looking for somthing like that for my doubek. Thaks
Mike

Cool set up I love it

Since there is a "show us your monster kits" thread, for the sake of balance I thought it would be fun for members to provide photos of their minimalist kits. I'm thinking just one to three trips to the car to fetch.

Here is my baby:

Drums-003-copy.jpg

I posted it on some other thread here so some of you will have already seen it, but this thread is maybe a better context because we can put the "babies" together in one creche :)

Since the photo was taken I've bought a tiny 10 watt IBZ10ZB bass amp for the stomp box. Does anyone know if it be slaved to a PA for gigs?

I have a thread just like this, but in recognition of a great concept...

Attachments

• Small Pic 8.JPG
    Small Pic 8.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 17,186
  • Small Pic 7.JPG
    Small Pic 7.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 17,085
  • Small Pic 6.JPG
    Small Pic 6.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 17,072
This is the smallest one I have.

Attachments

• PC080015.JPG
    PC080015.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 16,682
...here is my too lazy to pack, set up, and tear down kit.

18x16 bass 14x6 edge snare, 14" AAX stage hats, 18" AAXplosion crash.

Barry

i don't know if this can be considered really tiny, but anyway...
(sorry for the lousy pics..)

cimg0531j.jpg

imagem033j.jpg

imagem034l.jpg

Tama Superstar 10x8, 12x9, 14x5,5 Toms and Snare
16x16 1967 Pinguim (brazilian brand) Bass Drum

13"K/Z HiHat
16" K Con. Crash
20" Avedis Flat Ride (w/ sabian stage ice bell inv. on top)
18" Crash (mysterious brand)

When I first saw this thread I thought it said show us your tiny ti.....

Baz, I agree with Eddie. Your set is CUTE! Love the little stand on the bass drum for the ride. I'm with you - big lug ins and lug outs are for other people.

Migeuro and Generic, I believe you need to post your setups on the monster kit thread *grin*. Miguero, what's going on with your bass drum? I've not seen that before. It looks eminently luggable. I've been considering adding my 6" splash but that would mean an extra fitting or stand and I'd rather lightly crash near the bell of my 12" hats to get a slightly similar sound.

Grunter, has anyone ever told you that you look a helluva lot like Santa?

Larry, my avatar should tell you that, while my kit is tiny, this is not reflective of my physiology (ahem).

Here is my baby:

Drums-003-copy.jpg

Just curious. Do you have other kits?

KZ ...

pic#1 - is that a crash sitting on a ride?

pic#2 - two snares? One with snares on, the other with snares off? Cherry kick looks cool.

MindDrummer (MD?), another charming bass drum. How's it sound?

Freddie, it's my only kit. In the 70s/80s I had a Rogers four-piece (snare, 22" kick, 13" mounted, 16" floor) with roto toms, hats, ride, crash, crash-ride and a grungy old cymbal someone had thrown away that sounded like a China.

When I stopped playing it took 8 years for me to bring myself to part with it. I only retained the vintage snare I'd kept from my first kit because I'd been told by a drum teacher that it was valuable, the crash ride and a 6" splash. Had bought a djembe during the long hiatus. Needless to say, got a band offer 6 months afterwards and borrowed or hired kits.

New band is very laid back and drums purely for support. Bought hats, a few stands and stomp box to create a mini-kit. Mostly play snare/stomp/cymbals and in a couple of tunes I play djembe/stomp. Occasionally use "toys" for riding. I like how the kit imposes discipline and forces me to dig deep to find different ways of extracting new voices from it. Also like the cost, the lug, setup/down, environmental friendliness, and general lack of intrusiveness.

Do you have a small kit you can show us? (drum kit :)

Last edited:
It may be larger than some of yours, but i would still consiuder this kit pretty damn small, as a rock kit goes

sizes are:
12x8, 14x14, 20x20 in the blue and 13x6.5 in the redish brown

bluekit.jpg

udrum_1_012.jpg

if you want more deets, just ask for em

Here's the start of a project i decided to work on over this summer. I just turned an old floor tom into a bass drum. Still needs work doing, the skins changing, a lip added for the bass drum pedal to attach to etc. Will add hihats and have a ride instead on the completed kit. Here is what i have so far anyway:

1.jpg

top.jpg

Back