Small Wing Nut for Ride Cymbal

mrtherm

I would like to know where can I find a kind of small wing nut as shown in the photo attached.

I often hit my yamaha wing nut. It ends up that I don't use any wing nut for a ride now, but I'm afraid of keyholing issue. Need a solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• 2326-1487-thickbox.jpg
    2326-1487-thickbox.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 294
You should be able to find those at any Guitar Center. I don't like them, but they should suit your purpose well

Tama makes round plastic cymbal nuts. They are available at many music stores and music store websites.
Keyholes in cymbals are caused by not having a protector on the shaft of the stand where the cymbal sits and not by lack of a cymbal nut.
If you are hitting standard wing nuts with your stick while playing then you should work on control and technique.

Tama makes round plastic cymbal nuts. They are available at many music stores and music store websites.
Keyholes in cymbals are caused by not having a protector on the shaft of the stand where the cymbal sits and not by lack of a cymbal nut.
If you are hitting standard wing nuts with your stick while playing then you should work on control and technique.

I found the photo of the tama. That's what I'm looking for.
Thanks a lot.

Like you mentioned... I have played drums for only 2 years. Thanks a lot for your advice on practicing as well.

Back