advanced drum teachers in austin, texas?

mhalem2390

Hey I'm going to be moving to austin fairly shortly and was wondering if there were any advanced drum teachers there worth checking out for private instruction? Id like to have a versatile teacher who can play anything styilistically and can provide me with the best education.

Hey I'm going to be moving to austin fairly shortly and was wondering if there were any advanced drum teachers there worth checking out for private instruction? Id like to have a versatile teacher who can play anything styilistically and can provide me with the best education.

I believe Todd Sucherman is based out of Austin now. Not sure if he offers private instruction.

Jeff

There are some great drummers here, not sure if they teach,

Chris Layton
Joey Kramer

Off the top of my head

But again, i dont know if they teach

Maybe I can help you find someone? I live just north of Austin but I know quite a few instructors. Joey Kramer lives about a mile from me but he does not teach. I dont' think Chris Layton does eiher? But, there are lots of great instructors here who are not "A-listers".

Let me know if I can help?

Blessings!
"G"

I'd start with University of Texas at Austin. They have Dr. Tom Burritt. If he can't help you he'd probably know where to send you looking.

UT Austin - Wayne Salzmann II is the jazz drums instructor. I'm starting lessons back up with him, he's only taking a few students but PM me and I can maybe give you his contact info.
J.J. Johnson is also in town, and Terry Bozzio. Could be wrong on either of those.

Last edited:
Back