Santana!

DumDrum

Just thought I'd share one of the coolest concerts I've been to with everyone... Last night I got to see Santana from second row center stage... what made it even better is I got to watch Dennis Chambers and Cindy Blackman shred it for 3 hours! Seriously one of the best nights of my life...

I also had a camera and got tons of photos and Hi-Def Videos.... among those are videos of both Dennis and Cindy playing drum solos in the concert! I'm actually out of town at a world series of poker event but if anyone is interested in them I can post them on Youtube when i get a chance from my hotel room!

Attachments

• Santana 1.jpg
    Santana 1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Santana 2.jpg
    Santana 2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 251
So Carlos put his wife to work did he?Kidding..love Santana since I first saw him play in 69,and Cindy is a talented player in her own right..

Steve B

Trust me he went on a whole diatribe extolling the virtues of all women for about 5 minutes during a break in the show and then gave her flowers.... I wonder who wears the pants in that family?

I have drum solos from both dennis and cindy on video... Was not overly impressed with cindys solo at all, but damn the audience thought she was the best thing since sliced bread! It was cool tho that in her solo, she and the bass player went into Smells Like Teen Spirit for a bit... Dennis was much better to me, but i guess not to the average listener in the crowd... At the big end to his solo he even jumped up out of his seat at the finale! Oh and it was hilarious when the lady sitting next to me commented to her husband about how white dennis's tongue was lol... I informed her that hes known for chewing gum haha

The man is multi-talented..and has nice teeth.People seem to love female drummers,which is cool.Cindy does have some chops,but it has to be tough playing along side of Dennis though.The guy is a monster.

Steve B

Santana has always had top notch drummers and percussionists. Always. God bless him. But of them all, the best he ever had, in my opinion, is Michael Shrieve. He has to be on every short list of the greatest drummers in rock if not in any genre.

how much does music move the soul? just watch the timbale player towards the end of "Gypsy Queen" gives me goosebumps and smiles and tears at the same time every freakin' time i watch it!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQdyVt_iyrg

not to mention the sheer energy of "Soul Sacrifce" at Woodstock!!

Back