Are there scoops for floor toms?

Does any company produce floor tom sound projectors such as a scoop that velcros onto the bottom of drum and aims the floor tom sound out to the audience? I want the fundamental power out of my floor tom and the low frequency (55-65Hz) just isn't developing as the floor-to-ceiling height in my room is too short for such a low frequency to develop or mature. I was thinking that a sound scoop or sound projector would help the floor tom fundamental frequency breathe into the entire room if directed away from the floor and ceiling. Everything else about the floor tom is great right now; the shell is free-floating using a Fugate, Inc. free floating support ring, the legs are suspended off of the ground using Gauger Percussion's floor tom leg springs, and the floor tom leg tips are sitting on old memory foam mattress squares resting on top of a padded carpet. So I've got everything working for the better sound of my floor tom except for the small acoustics of my room which I am trying to alleviate using sounds scoops. I know Yamaha, Dynasty, Remo, and Pearl make marching sound scoops for 13" and 14" marching snare drums, but does any company make floor tom sound projectors of any sort for 16" and 18" floor toms?
Thanks.

I've seen those Main Drag Music drumset before. They are hilarious. And I know microphones won't do the trick because microphones only record the sounds they are receiving from the drums themselves; microphones cannot make drums sound better than they do. They certainly can tweak a drum's sound and give the illusion of sounding better, but they cannot allow a drum's natural low frequency to breath as a sound projector might. Thanks for the responses though as they did humor me, but I'm still wondering if any company sells simple 16" or 18" sound scoops or similar that redirect floor tom vibrations.
Thanks.

Low frequencies below 100Hz would require a tube or horn approx 5 feet long to amplify the deep part of the sound. So a simple projector below a floor tom would just redirect the 'click' part of the sound.

Perhaps the best approach in your space would be to stop the sound bouncng back off the floor and interfering with the drum's vibration. Try some pillows or a folded blanket below each floortom and see if it lets each drum resonate freely.

I want the fundamental power out of my floor tom and the low frequency (55-65Hz) just isn't developing as the floor-to-ceiling height in my room is too short for such a low frequency to develop or mature.

To me, 55-65 hz seems extremely low for a 16" floor tom (though I suppose one might be able to get there with an 18") and would be mostly within a kick drum's range of frequencies. I'm curious as to whether you want more low end from your sitting position on the throne or if you want the sound to change for those listening to the kit away from it. It might seem strange but tuning a little higher, especially if your heads are super low right now, might make the low end sound more full. I've had good results tuning both heads to the same pitch as well in regards to a full floor tom sound without much weird decaying behavior.

Seems like scoops are simple enough mechanically (hilariously so, actually) that you could probably make your own out of a sheet of plastic?

65Hz is actually a C2 on the piano which is alright for a 16" floor tom. That is for lower rock tunings. I'm a piano technician; I know my frequencies. 55Hz is A1 which is getting low; A1 is high for a typical 22" bass drum though but it is as low as I can get my floor tom without wrinkles in the heads. I may just contact the big companies and see if they will make larger scoops floor toms.
Thanks for the help folks.

Back