Only 1 week to go!! (+announcement)

Andy

Honorary Member
Yes folks, only 1 week before the submission deadline for the Guru In-Tense snare competition. Up to today, there's only 16 entries across 5 categories. Only 1 entry in the under 16 category (so will be submitted to the final 5 draw by default unless there's more), & zero entries in the Pro category.

For those wishing to enter, details are here: http://www.gurudrums.co.uk/#!snare-competition/c1lag

Announcement: The prize drum has been changed from a steam bent English ash In-Tense series snare to a segmented English ash & ovangkol In-Tense series snare. Still 13" x 7" & identical specification in all other respects. The value of the prize has increased a little accordingly. Prize drum fitted with 2.3mm triple flange hoops not S hoops as pictured.

Attachments

• shop seg13x7.jpg
    shop seg13x7.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 706
Hi Andy, I hope it will be like most deadlines: a lot of people wait until the last minute.
I haven't touched a stick in weeks (extremely busy), I hope I can find some time end of the week.

The price is awesome...!

Last edited:
I managed to coerce my teacher into submitting an entry yesterday. If he wins, I shall demand free lessons forever.

Guys, thank you for your responses. The chances of winning this instrument are arguably better than any competition out there. Simply the odds at this moment in time dictate that.

Holy crap, better get on it!
Indeed! :)

Where in the UK are you guys located? I would love to come see your set-up sometime if you allow visitors.
We're located in Herefordshire. Our new (modest) demo room will be open from week commencing 16th of June, so just over 3 weeks from now. Yes, you'd be most welcome, by mutually convenient appointment. A very chilled & technically informative visitor experience is promised, & certainly no sales pressure or implied obligation whatsoever.

Adam (?), we're exhibiting at the Manchester Drum Show Sunday June 8th if you can make it :)

My last day in the office is May 30th. My first week of June is full on intense training. In the 2nd week of June, I think I'll finally be able to practice on a regular basis again.

So by July 1st, I think I could have something ready. Only a mere 30 days after the end date. lol.

Oh well. Contests have never been my thing anyhow.

I'll be back in the States on June 8th, but I will definitely be getting in touch with you when I get back to the UK.
I look forward to it :)

My last day in the office is May 30th. My first week of June is full on intense training. In the 2nd week of June, I think I'll finally be able to practice on a regular basis again.

So by July 1st, I think I could have something ready. Only a mere 30 days after the end date. lol.

Oh well. Contests have never been my thing anyhow.
love you as much as I do Ian, but sorry, I can't hold the competition for you :(

Update: 3 more submissions in over the last two days, including the first video submitted in the professional category :) So come on you pro's - get it on! So long as you don't have a formal marketing / endorsing artist contract with another drum company, you're good to go :)

eh.... but I wanted the steam bent... I have not played a block or stave snare that I have ever liked. Brady, worldmax, max davies etc... :/ Not sure if il do it now....
This is a thin shell segmented snare, & most unlike others. Really low mass, delivers all the openness of steam bent, but with a wider tonal response. Complete opposite of stave (or block as Brady term it). Sorry we had to withdraw the steam bent. Purely production reasons for the decision. This snare is in no way a lower specification substitute - quite the reverse actually.

You can listen to the segmented In-Tense snares here. 2nd one in is the model, but fitted with S hoops in the video. A more open sound with 2.3mm triple flange hoops as supplied with the prize snare.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMxmFyHRoFA&list=UUd-LaY7I6T-dcbZRREkcN1g

How sad is it that I actually dreamed about a Guru snare last night? One of the nicest dreams I've had in ages! And in my dreams, of course, I can play.

How sad is it that I actually dreamed about a Guru snare last night? One of the nicest dreams I've had in ages! And in my dreams, of course, I can play.
Dreams can be dangerous ;)

A trickle of new entries are now flowing in, including entries from India - how cool is that! Pleasing to see :) 4 days to go!

I'm quite intrigued by the number of players who could easily enter, but have decided not to. I'm referring to players who have posted video content before, & who easily have the skill & imagination to take part. I can only assume they either can't spare a few minutes or don't like the prize :(

I've told my wife I'll buy her a horse if she'll let me have a Guru kit...waiting on her to say yes and then Id better get robbing some banks to pay for my dream kit (This is a joke Santander if you ever read this!!!) :)

A trickle of new entries are now flowing in, including entries from India - how cool is that! Pleasing to see :) 4 days to go!

That's good news - I expect you'll see a spike in entries as the deadline draws ever closer.

I've told my wife I'll buy her a horse if she'll let me have a Guru kit.

You are a very reasonable man! I tried that on Mr Madge. It didn't work, I can't imagine why. I've also offered to buy him a new crash cymbal for our wedding anniversary but he wasn't keen on that either. What can you do, eh.

Back