DWPS ordered!

cg2112

Ordered a DW Performance tonight, Pewter Sparkle. 18x22 bass, 8x10 9x12 rack toms, and a 12x14 floor tom. Also ordered a 7x8 rack tom. Same sizes as my current PDP kit, less a 14x16 floor tom, which typically gets more use as an iPhone/notebook holder. Losing that tom will give me the opportunity to shorted my rack a little bit and make things a little more compact.

Now I have to wait. Should be here Tuesday, that seems too long.

I have tapped around on those at a store,nice sounding drums for sure,the pewter finish is real nice in person,and personally I like the smaller lug.

The mid level pro kits these days are a great value,built to last,sound great.

Have those same sized in a black stain finish. Love the sound of them! Congrats, can't wait to see pics!

I have them in White Ice... The kick drum is awesome... Put a clear Evans Emad on the batter and an EQ2 on the resonant and you'll love that kick!! Good luck and have fun... Be sure to post some pics!

congrats bud!

enjoy them! they had that sparkle green color at the GC i go to for $1300 used some time ago. if they would of been ebony lacquer , red lacquer , or that marine pearl color i would have bought them

post pics when you get them!

-vince

Oh, I will.

Tomorrow. At least, that's what they said. So probably Wednesday, because I'm impatient.

9719709436_449cf0d04a.jpg

I still have to work for another hour. I can hear them mocking me from my drum room.

If I were you, I'd get a chair, put my headphones on with my favorite music and sit and stare at my new drums for about an hour.

Why not sit and enjoy the feeling for a while.

I've been looking at them all afternoon. I get tons of enjoyment out of reconfiguring my kit, though. I pulled everything down (I toyed with the idea of pulling the rack down and using stands, but I know I'd just go back to the rack, more trouble than it's worth), and when I was done, ended up with the exact same configuration. Don't mess with what works, I guess.

9718326163_354c0b38f2.jpg

9718325883_f844831c2b.jpg

9721554088_b06debd065.jpg

9721553816_c36b830028.jpg

In one of the photos, you can see my PDP kit in the background. I'm holding on to that (I've decided never to get rid of drum stuff again - too much that I miss - my first kit was a 1963 Ludwig Super Classic that I sold for $150 when I was in college - argh!). It's a night and day difference between the two, though. I haven't had much of a chance to play yet, but I can't believe how good that bass drum sounds.

YAY! welcome to the dw family!
hows it sound? is it the sound you are looking for? hows the quality? does it come with the pillow in the kick?

i like your whole rack setup (its one badass setup!). i was thinking about getting one when my 8" arrives (being built as we speak, should be in next month).

this is what my baby looks like for now... i got my 12" on the shelf too!

306ff746-e9bb-4efb-a35b-142f5c860839_zps09d3b36d.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's a beautiful kit.

Yep, it came with a pillow in the kick. Two, actually, velcroed near each head. I need to adjust a little, there's a little more resonance than I'd like, but still sounds really good. I'm psyched to record with it.

The quality is excellent. My PDP kit wasn't awful, but there's really no comparison between the two. The sound is great. I'm really looking forward to playing out with this thing.

Thanks!

dw builds drums really well. they also pay attention to a lot of little things like inside lug hardware.

im happy that your happy :)

so your pillow doesnt look like this?

4d9cd6fe-958e-492c-9f56-a10701274bea_641x600.jpg

I haven't played many DWs but I did play these in a store and they sound great. Very punchy, full, and musical. I think the stock heads play a part, very warm.

Grrr.

I've been having trouble tuning my 8 inch tom. Finally I pull the heads off completely and inspect the shell. Bearing edges look great. Then I hold the drum an arm length away, and it doesn't look quite perfectly round to me. I measured the width of the drum at each lug, and I'm seeing what appears to be about 1/4" difference at some spots. I put the reso head back on, but turn it 90 degrees first - it's snug, too snug to be normal, the edges of the head touch the bearing edges. I put it back on how it came from the factory, it fits fin. Turn the head around the drum - gets about 90 degrees, and stops moving freely. Looks like my 8" is way out of round. :(

Back