CAM's on Iron Cobra from RG to PG

remco

I'm playing with double Iron Cobra Rolling Glide's. And they are pretty awesome, but i want to switch to the power glide version. It just feels better for my style of playing. Are there options available to change the cam or do i have to buy a new set? Any people having experience changing cam's? Thanks!

The cams are available separately. You can change them out yourself, but you will have to take the pedal apart obviously.

I play on power glide cobras (2nd gen) and I notice a big difference in the distance I set the beater from the head compared to a round cam kick pedal. I find I can shorten the stroke and still attain the same power and increase my speed. All that while decreasing the energy I need to put in.

although I do have to say finding the sweet spot with all five of the different settings is harder with such an aggressive cam. I like having the Power cams more than when I've used rolling cams. At the end of a playing session my legs are less tired when using a power cam than a rolling cam.

I play on power glide cobras (2nd gen) and I notice a big difference in the distance I set the beater from the head compared to a round cam kick pedal. I find I can shorten the stroke and still attain the same power and increase my speed. All that while decreasing the energy I need to put in.

although I do have to say finding the sweet spot with all five of the different settings is harder with such an aggressive cam. I like having the Power cams more than when I've used rolling cams. At the end of a playing session my legs are less tired when using a power cam than a rolling cam.

Thanks a lot for your take on the RG vs PG discussion. I received the parts so i'm going to try out myself. I always wondered what the difference would be when shortening the distance between the beater and the head. I'm sure going to try this out. I always used 45 degrees

Back