Saw a UFO at band practice tonight!

The universe is huge, but time is much more vast.

We are really alone.

But time and space are interchangeable. For instance, if I ask how far Chicago is from Philadelphia, you could choose to answer 12 hours (or whatever it is). So I asked you a distance question and it was answered in a time format. So time as we understand it and the size of the universe as we perceive it are directly related. There are parts of the universe that are so much older than we are, by millions and millions upon millions of Earth years, so they had a giant head start. Is your birthday in May?

I'll point out that you're the one who added in the anal part of this. I could have been referencing the probing of any number of Larry's orifices.

Just for the record, none of my orifices have been probed by anyone not of this planet. Which implies that my orifices have been probed. Technically they have been. Doctors, well meaning girlfriends...that's about it really....There was that one time in jail...Bubba...sigh...lol

One of my prior girlfriends claimed she was abducted by aliens. This woman was a respectable 5th grade teacher, from a good family. She claimed to have physical proof. On both her temples there are injection sites that she claimed the aliens made. She claimed multiple abductions, and one of the highlights was that they gave her orgasms without any touch, a mental thing. As open minded as I am, I had a little trouble believing her, it was pretty far out. But I did see the injection sites on her temples, both of them.

. But I did see the injection sites on her temples, both of them.

Sure it wasn't just marks left over from the electroshock therapy?

As much as the free orgasm thing is a bit of a novelty, I'm still calling for you to run....don't walk......away from the mad woman, Larry.

Last edited:
Well that was a number of years ago. Nice person, we had a lot of fun. How can a person who is totally intelligent, well traveled and respectable in every way, come out with this kind of stuff? I just do not know, but I'll tell you, I'm not poo pooing anything until it's proven to me. We can't be the only intelligent life forms, it just doesn't add up. Like Watso says, whatever is out there is probably weirder than we can even imagine.

The universe is huge, but time is much more vast. It could be that life forms pass each other in the night, separated by millions of years and millions of light years.
That's essentially why I say I know we can't be the only "life" in this vast expanse of both space and time. Relativity is a funny thing. We really have to think outside our own relative worlds to get into this.

The universe is about 14 billion years old and the Earth, 4.5 billion years. Life on Earth: 3.6 billion years. Sentient live on Earth: Maybe 200,000. So, for the entire life of the universe, life has existed for less 25 one-hundredths of the time and sentient life for 14 millionths of the time. And I'm not even speculating whether interplanetary travel is possible, practical, useful or affordable. Entire species could evolve, do their thing and their solar systems crumble and the species, at the interplanetary traveling stage, might never get closer together than a million years.
You touch on one of the points that interests me. Intelligence. Again, relative. I've never been a big fan of the theories that there are other "more advanced" civilizations out there. I think although energy as a concept is the same in most of the fathomable universe, I just don't see it happening the same way as it did for us. I think other "life" out there could be so different that we might not even be able to dream it up on our own.

The closest thing life ever gets to interplanetary travel is on comets, carrying amino acid fragments and the seeds of life from one planet to the next.
I think that there is a good chance this happened here... Maybe even more than once. I have mentioned before around here my theory that viruses came in on "space debris" of some type. It's so different from the ground up to other life, yet preys upon other carbon lifeforms for it's existence outside a dormant state.

We are really alone.
Maybe. Maybe not. Perhaps there are furry little midget aliens eating cats and being hidden in standard nuclear families as we type.

The truth is, at this point we cannot prove or disprove life on another planet. Maybe there is a place like earth with life. I do not believe there are humans or any creature similar on another planet, but that is just my opinion. Its all about guessing and weird occurrences such as the one mentioned earlier.

We can't be the only intelligent life forms, it just doesn't add up. Like Watso says, whatever is out there is probably weirder than we can even imagine.

All I will say is there's no smoke without a fire... one day we'll know, soon or later.

All I will say is there's no smoke without a fire... one day we'll know, soon or later.

Yes we will. Maybe I will try to talk to God about it in heaven...

Not trying to offend anyone by saying that, but that is where my confidence is.

Back to the subject though, humans could possibly get advanced enough to travel to planets we haven't even discovered at this point. It sounds crazy, but technology is getting crazy.

Dr Neil De Grass Tyson of the Hayden Planetarium,and Dr.Michio Kaku of NY University and Dr.Stephen Hawkings have interesting theories concerning Extraterrestrial LIfe and space travel.Dr. Kaku believes that there are what he calls type one civilizations out there,which are just way above us on the evolutionary scale as we are to single cell organisms.He also believes that their laws of physics are different than ours,and faster that light travel is childs play to them.

They have found ways around known physical laws,and are in complete control of everything around them including weather,clean energy and even their own sun.

Dr.Hawkins believes this also,but has also gone on to say that taking for granted that these beings are benevolent would be a mistake.Intellegence is no gurantee and,that they are SO far advanced that they would reguard us much in the same way as we do the common ant.

They might NOT have the same reguard for life as we do,considering the disparity of our two civilations.Just look no further than 60-70 years ago when "Intellegent" men Killed tens of millions of innocent people,just as easily as turning on a light..Using that as a benchmark,how could they reguard us as anything more than savage and dangerous.

I've seen things that I can't explain,and some that were exactly the same as Andy's UFO sighting.

As for letting the public know.There would be a complete break down of social services,and complete panic would soon set in.Just look what happens in black outs once the mob mentality rears it's ugly head.I've been in a couple of riots as a cop,and you wonder how "humans" can act this way.

Something to think about.

Steve B

Dr Neil De Grass Tyson of the Hayden Planetarium,and Dr.Michio Kaku of NY University and Dr.Stephen Hawkings have interesting theories concerning Extraterrestrial LIfe and space travel.Dr. Kaku believes that there are what he calls type one civilizations out there,which are just way above us on the evolutionary scale as we are to single cell organisms.He also believes that their laws of physics are different than ours,and faster that light travel is childs play to them.

They have found ways around known physical laws,and are in complete control of everything around them including weather,clean energy and even their own sun.

Dr.Hawkins believes this also,but has also gone on to say that taking for granted that these beings are benevolent would be a mistake.Intellegence is no gurantee and,that they are SO far advanced that they would reguard us much in the same way as we do the common ant.

I had this same idea since I was probably in my late teens. The idea that a life form so much more advanced than us that we can't even recognize that it exists. It's fun to imagine that where we believe things like time are inescapable facts of our existence, there could be other life forms so advanced that time doesn't present any limitations for them.

I am open to many possibilities regarding extraterrestrial life.

"I know they're out there somewhere. Somewhere. Somewhere."

Isn't that a Moody Blues song?

They might NOT have the same reguard for life as we do,considering the disparity of our two civilations.Just look no further than 60-70 years ago when "Intellegent" men Killed tens of millions of innocent people,just as easily as turning on a light..Using that as a benchmark,how could they reguard us as anything more than savage and dangerous.

I've seen things that I can't explain,and some that were exactly the same as Andy's UFO sighting.

As for letting the public know.There would be a complete break down of social services,and complete panic would soon set in.Just look what happens in black outs once the mob mentality rears it's ugly head.I've been in a couple of riots as a cop,and you wonder how "humans" can act this way.

Something to think about.

Steve B

Good stuff Steve. The way I see it, this stuff is these guys business. That carries a ton of weight with me. Stephen freaking Hawking. I mean, how many minds are greater than his? I think I heard somewhere that humans are destined to be a type one civilization within the next I forget how many years. But it's in the cards. If we don't kill ourselves first, I don't see how we can avoid it, at the rate technology is advancing. I mean, my cell phone talks to me now and shows me where I'm at and tells me how to get where I'm going. That's a big step forward. You could call me gob smacked, (really trying to work in those UK phrases lol) I guess I had no idea it was gonna be this fast. Things are getting exponentially futuristic.

Guys, it's one thing for aliens to be likely to exist due to weight of numbers, another for them to come to Earth. How is an alien going to come here across a hundred thousand light years?

Not only travel time but they have to be alive in our era. It's taken 13.7 billion years for us humans to turn up. Will we still be around in 10,000 years time (which is almost nothing on a universal time scale)? The aliens could miss us by 1 minute or by 5 billion years.

As Hawking suggests, if aliens are advanced enough to reach us, why do they just keep whizzing by (stopping off for the odd probe or two) and going back home? Why not take over the Earth, like any other colonising nation? If they have the technology to reach here, I imagine their weapons would be scary. Our only hope would be if they were wise and peaceful guru-like aliens, in which case we could nab 'em and dissect them ;-)

Guys, it's one thing for aliens to be likely to exist due to weight of numbers, another for them to come to Earth. How is an alien going to come here across a hundred thousand light years?

Not only travel time but they have to be alive in our era. It's taken 13.7 billion years for us humans to turn up. Will we still be around in 10,000 years time (which is almost nothing on a universal time scale)? The aliens could miss us by 1 minute or by 5 billion years.

As Hawking suggests, if aliens are advanced enough to reach us, why do they just keep whizzing by (stopping off for the odd probe or two) and going back home? Why not take over the Earth, like any other colonising nation? If they have the technology to reach here, I imagine their weapons would be scary. Our only hope would be if they were wise and peaceful guru-like aliens, in which case we could nab 'em and dissect them ;-)

You raise a good point. It's just about distance, but also about time. Time is just as vast as distance and is even more of a barrier. It's very possible that sentient life develops only rarely, separated by hundreds of millions of years. Many planets with life could never develop sentient life - the entire drama and beauty of ecosystems, life and natural creation on a planet, and no sentient life there to ever appreciate it for 12 billion years.

My son did a science experiment. If every second was a year, then the Earth is about 150 years old (American Civil War). Dinosaurs died out about two years ago. Homo sapiens evolved a couple of days ago and our oldest cities are about an hour and a half old. And we're about in the middle of the lifespan of our universe, 20 or so billion years. Entire sentient civilizations may have come and gone already, and have yet to come into existence.

Did you say Hawking had no imagination? Have you ever read any theoretical cosmology? The sheer imagination required to analyse the data and formulate conjecture and then compose the mathematical proofs is enough imagination for anybody.

Really. If you want to read about imagination and crazy ideas, you need to read more about theoretical physics. Look a Paul Dirac. Crazy, imaginative and original ideas about the data he was seeing that turned out to be (as far as our current models, predictions and evidence demonstrates) true. Quantum Electrodynamics? It's really crazy. But it works. If we didn't have an understanding of Quantum Mechanics and theory, then transistors wouldn't have been invented, let alone modern computers.

EDIT: Looks like the poster I was replying to has deleted his posts. I'll leave this here, devoid of context...

Last edited:
Back