Would it be wise to buy a basedrum practice pad?

klopee

Recently I had to pack up my drums and store them in my hometown at my parents place, and i dont have much access to them. Id like to get my feet in better shape before i start back looking for a new band in the fall, but since i dont have a kick drum at my disposal in my apartment, i was looking into maybe getting one of the bass drum practice pads. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, and how to they feel compared to a real bass drum

also, if anyone could recommend some to me.. I was looking at the gibralter GBDP, but im open to suggestions

Thanks
-M

Recently I had to pack up my drums and store them in my hometown at my parents place, and i dont have much access to them. Id like to get my feet in better shape before i start back looking for a new band in the fall, but since i dont have a kick drum at my disposal in my apartment, i was looking into maybe getting one of the bass drum practice pads. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, and how to they feel compared to a real bass drum

also, if anyone could recommend some to me.. I was looking at the gibralter GBDP, but im open to suggestions

Thanks
-M

Nothing feels like a real bass drum. Mesh pads have 'give' somewhat like a real bass drum.

Hard rubber means beater distance adjustment, either on the pads, or on your real bass drum when you get back to it.

Back