are the pearl masters premium discontinued?

I was too looking for a set a while back. To the best of my knowledge they are not discontinued, but you cannot buy them in shell pack configurations anymore, at least in the US. The last time I heard, you must buy each individual drum, so no more price breaks on the shell packs.

If anyone has better info, please chime in.

Dennis

^^^Dennis, you are correct.

Pearl Masters Premium drums are only available here in the U.S. by special order.
Individual pieces only, shell packs are no longer available.

XdrummerboyX,
To find out the pricing of the Pearl Masters Premium individual drums, here's a link to their catalogs on their website. http://www.pearldrum.com/Customer-Support/Product-Catalogs.aspx

Use the prices from the 2009 price guide. (That's the one Pearl is still using for Masters Premium prices.)
Once you have all of the prices, you can knock about 40% off of the total.
This should give you a good starting point for what a Pearl dealer should offer you.
Keep in mind these drums would be a special order, and will take 4-6 months to arrive.

If the price of a new Masters Premium kit is too much, there are always great deals to be had on used Masters kits.
Just be patient, and you will find the Masters kit of your dreams.

^^^Dennis, you are correct.

Pearl Masters Premium drums are only available here in the U.S. by special order.
Individual pieces only, shell packs are no longer available.

XdrummerboyX,
To find out the pricing of the Pearl Masters Premium individual drums, here's a link to their catalogs on their website. http://www.pearldrum.com/Customer-Support/Product-Catalogs.aspx

Use the prices from the 2009 price guide. (That's the one Pearl is still using for Masters Premium prices.)
Once you have all of the prices, you can knock about 40% off of the total.
This should give you a good starting point for what a Pearl dealer should offer you.
Keep in mind these drums would be a special order, and will take 4-6 months to arrive.

If the price of a new Masters Premium kit is too much, there are always great deals to be had on used Masters kits.
Just be patient, and you will find the Masters kit of your dreams.

THANKS cuz i was reading about them and i read EXCELLENT REVIEWS!

I believe the Pearl 2009 catalog saw the last of the Masters Premium series. They are very nice sounding drums.

Dennis

They are still available as custom order drums; you cannot order them in shellpacks.

A Pearl dealer should be able to order a Pearl MMP or MRP kit for you.

If you have trouble, go to the Pearl Forum and contact one of the administrators, like Al Percival (a Pearl employee), and he can help you out.

Here's a link to their catalogs on their website. http://www.pearldrum.com/Customer-Support/Product-Catalogs.aspx

Download the 2009 price guide from Pearl's website (second row, third catalog), just click on the link above.
Take it from an owner, Pearl Masters series are excellent drums.

If you have any more questions about them, feel free to ask.

Back