Mac OS X Lion

It's probably possible but I'm not sure that you'd necessarily be able to check all of your compatibility on a Virtual Machine because it may not have access to all the low-level driver functions. Virtualisation is great, but it's definitely a compromise.

You're better off partitioning your HDD and then running Lion on a minor partition to check compatibility.

Yeah good point. It'd actually probably be a little more buggy through a VM as well. I don't know, I've been screwing around with them for the past couple of weeks so it's been on my mind a lot.

erm yeah I may regret this upgrade now I can't trigger Superior Drummer from my kit but I can hear the samples on the screen within Pro Tools....Toontrack are not coming back to me quickly with a fix!!

I haven't seen anything in Lion that looks particularly useful, to be honest. Also, I've been told that its slower in many benchmark tests.

I found this one.................

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-01 at 9.28.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-01 at 9.28.15 PM.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 266
My Dad bought a new iMac today and it came with a free download of Lion. I took advantage and made a disk to install onto my 2006 iMac. So far, Lion feels pretty good.

I like Mission Control. I had other ways around the desktop management (which I use a LOT on my laptop particularly because I have all kinds of applications open at the same time and need to organise) but Mission Control is good. I also like the 'Full Screen' button on some of the applications. The 'state restore' on restart is a very nice function too and surprised me when I first saw it - I'd completely forgotten about it.

The iCal graphics are horrible. Front Row was uninstalled (and I'm a regular Front Row user) but managed to get it back with the help of Google and some cunning. The auto-correct in Safari is deeply irritating and I'm just going to disable it now. I can actually spell and don't want a browser telling me how to.

I quite like Lion. We'll see how it goes.

Back