Which Is The Better Deal??

wsabol

Gold Member
$250 for a DW 5000 double pedal and an old 20" K Dark Ride

$175 for a Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct Drive Double Pedal.

I'm really just looking for a double pedal. Plus I love Yamaha hardware and the direct drive feature is what I've had my eye on.. BUT the 20" ride would be sweet to have as well. I can also try to sell that on its own to get money as well.

Thoughts?!

Good deal on the pedal and the ride, but the reality is you're after neither of them. Sure you'll pocket a little cash by selling the ride, but you still haven't got the pedal you want.

If the Yammie DD is what you're really chasing then why not get it.

i think it all depends on your preference. If you like the way the ride sounds and like the way the 5000s feel i would go for those. What are you looking to do with your double pedal work?

I'd say $250 for a DW 5000 double pedal and an old 20" K Dark Ride and it's not even close.

However, that is assuming the DW isn't one of the really old single link double pedals.

here are my thoughts:
while the direct drive flying dragon would be nice to have because of the direct drive, you can find used axis pedals on ebay for a little bit more (around $250) Axis pedals are very nice and if you want the total "direct drive experience" i would say go with that.
if you are looking to expand your sound pallet and your overall drumming i would say the ride and 5000s. DW 5000s are really nice pedals (so long as they arent the single chain accelerator series) and will hold up to a tank driving over them. they will do just about anything you want them to do for just about every kind of double bass work except for fast stuff (like, 230+ bpm) Plus, the ride cymbal will add huge new depths to your playing, its a bell, ride, and crash cymbal all in one.
price ranges for the 2
pedal and cymbal: 389.99+380.00= $770.99 new (i just googled them, took the prices that made the most sense to me, so someone correct me if im wrong)
for flying dragon pedal: 429.99 (not too sure on this, i think this is the right price but once again you might want to double check) this isnt TOO far away from axis pedals NEW (549.99)
my vote is definitely for the 5000s and cymbal

Back