double pedal/hi-hat placement problem solved- DUHHH

Concrete Pete

Hey,

I thought I'd share this with all here as both a lesson, and to help other double bass pedal owners.

My problem was that the left bass pedal had to be set next to the hi-hat pedal (3- leg) which meant that either;
A) The pedals were spaced apart to avoid the two sets of legs clustering, or:
B) Placing the L bass pedal parallel (touching) to the HH pedal meant the right leg of the HH had to be placed OVER the toe area of the bass pedal. (WAY more useable, but still not great- jumping from one to the other was a bit stifled.

SOOO, I get out some blacksmithing tools, my welder, and a couple cold brews, planning on welding an "up and over" right side leg onto the HH. As I sat there and drank a couple brews, staring at the setup to figure out the most effective (as in least damaging!) way to do it, I noticed a tiny screw in the collar of the brace that connects the sliding leg brace to the downtube. I loosened the screw, and VOILA-- that allowed me to turn the legs 1/3 counterclockwise rotation, allowing more than enough room to place the bass pedal snugly next to, and perfectly aligned with the HH pedal. I left the screw out, as it doesn't affect the HH stand in any noticeable way, and tried the new setup at last night's gig-- PERFECT!

No need for a 2-leg HH stand, no butchery needed, and it works like it was engineered for it.

Big DUUUUUUHHHH on my part for not figuring this out before.....Oh well.

Hope this might help out someone else with the same problem.

Cheers,
C. P.

Back