My New Studio Setup Look at the floor space

sdedge

This will be my setup upcoming 3 days of recording,with my new gibraltar stealth low rack ,look at the space we have with out all the bulky tripods.
And the wait reduction is about min 10/15 kg.
The cymbals can change ,maybe ill go full 2002's and sabian,.
And all the hardware fits perfectly in the case with some room to spare

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
How is there a big weight reduction? Seems to still be a lot of pipework in there. Looks neat though.

How is there a big weight reduction? Seems to still be a lot of pipework in there. Looks neat though.

Well its made from aluminium and not from steal .

You can play it like this? Your floor tom isn't in your way? I also have a GibraltarStealth rack for my Gretsch kit. It's ok, but I have a hard time gigging with it. Too many variables to layout, no memory locks can be used for angles. Hard to explain....

Nice rig...almost the exact setup of one of my kits...minus the rack.

Why is the floor tom on it's own legs? I would think you would want to take advantage of the rack leg over there and suspend it and get those floor tom legs outta there....those are the ones I find the most annoying.

You can play it like this? Your floor tom isn't in your way? I also have a GibraltarStealth rack for my Gretsch kit. It's ok, but I have a hard time gigging with it. Too many variables to layout, no memory locks can be used for angles. Hard to explain....
Haha ,well yes, the floor is a little to close ,But i like it close for me it works fine.
And about setting it up well I've labeled the stands and tubes ,and i have memory locks on it,.
But even then this not for everybody i guess .
For me the tripods were always a pain to get them on a good spot.

Nice rig...almost the exact setup of one of my kits...minus the rack.

Why is the floor tom on it's own legs? I would think you would want to take advantage of the rack leg over there and suspend it and get those floor tom legs outta there....those are the ones I find the most annoying.

Well i could mount the floor on the rack if i wanted to ,but those legs are not the problem for me.
Those tripods were annoying to me, to get them on a good spot.

Last edited:
Great looking setup. I have always like the Stealth setup, much smaller than a rack and it has that great clean look of a rack.

I recently ditched a boom stand with a heavy attachment arm for a small, light bass drum mounted cymbal arm and another cymbal arm that attached to the Floor tom leg.

Great looking setup. I have always like the Stealth setup, much smaller than a rack and it has that great clean look of a rack.

I recently ditched a boom stand with a heavy attachment arm for a small, light bass drum mounted cymbal arm and another cymbal arm that attached to the Floor tom leg.
Yes nice at first i did that to ,get all that bulky stuff out of the way.
But those tripods were a pain for me always .
This is good step forward for me with hardware hehe

Looks great! I have a Stealth rack too but honestly when it comes to gigging, I use two or three flat base stands and a bass drum mounted cymbal holder. Way lighter and easier to lug around than the Stealth. But if I had to choose between the rack or big double braced stands I'd pick the Stealth any day.

VERY nice! I dig the setup and those drums are beautiful. Your setup intrigues me. You like everything packed in there pretty tight, don't ya? Cool setup, I really dig it, man.

I too have a Stealth rack(and a couple of Pearl racks), but I gotta say I nearly get a hearth attack each time I fiddle with it. Its way difficult to put together, the tubes keeps popping out of the holder until the screws are tigthened.

Not suitable for gigs IMHO, looks cool and good for a home or studio setup.

A Pearl rack is the way to go for gigging, because it can fold.

I pretty much have the same setup without the rack. Ride mounts to the kick , low crash mounts to floor tom leg , add 2 regular cymbal stands.

Back