Axis XL-2 Double Pedal - Slave bottoms out!

JonPaul

Hey everybody,

I just purchased (used) the Axis XL-2 double pedal. I put it all together, tightened up the obvious bolts, and off I went playing with complete and utter disbelief at how completely awesome these pedals are---Amazing!

Then it happen, the slave pedal slowly bottomed out. I re-tightened everything, five minutes later it bottomed again! It doesn't matter what I do, the slave slips on the drive-shaft and it gently bottoms out.

I've searched the forum for answers; Is there is an answer to this problem?

Am I out of luck?

I have no idea what that mechanism looks like but....

IF it's a collar on a shaft and the collar has a set screw that you tighten against the shaft, maybe you could take a drill and create a dimple on the shaft where the set screw contacts it. This way the shaft / collar can't move even if the screw isn't all the way super tight.

Take a punch and a hammer and make a dent for the drill bit so the drill bit won't walk.

If possible move the collar out of the way so you don't have to run the drill through the hole, possibly damaging the threads.

It won't take much of a dimple.

The end of the screw might need "sharpening" a bit, if you use a bench grinder don't get it real hot.

The bad things would be: now that you made a dimple you are doomed to that exact setting, and if the dimple isn't dead in the exact place you need it, your intended geometry will be off.

If your thing isn't made this way, nevermind, good luck and have a good day!

toad's idea sounds about right. I play axis as two singles, my driveshaft is shot, a lot like yours. I'm surprised they still use a round sleeve over a round shaft that's so prone to slippage. A lot of beginner pedals use square tubing and you never get that problem. see if you can get parts that will fit from any other brands that will use square or hexagonal tubing or something, anything other than round.

Back