Advice needed on Iron Cobra

YAWA Zak

Hi there.

I'm pretty new to these discussion forums but found it's the best place to come.

I have a Iron Cobra double kick pedal and having a few problems, I might even know the answer but I thought I'd ask and see if I can save me some £££'s

For some strange reason it just doesn't feel right. I used a DW before and loved that, along with testing a duallist double kick at Sonisphere Festival this year.

I know I might have to get a new one, but any advice on setup and maybe something I can change on the IC I have?!?!

Please elaborate further on the problem that you are having with your pedals.
We need more than "Just doesn't feel right"

Hi there.

I'm pretty new to these discussion forums but found it's the best place to come.

I have a Iron Cobra double kick pedal and having a few problems, I might even know the answer but I thought I'd ask and see if I can save me some £££'s

For some strange reason it just doesn't feel right. I used a DW before and loved that, along with testing a duallist double kick at Sonisphere Festival this year.

I know I might have to get a new one, but any advice on setup and maybe something I can change on the IC I have?!?!

No nothing to add/change... that "just doesn't feel right" is engineered into the pedal, you can't get rid of it.

Some people notice it, some don't, you're one of the lucky ones, or unlucky depending on how you look at it.

My advise, sell it and get an AXIS:)

I bought Iron Cobra double pedals a year ago and I have that same problem: It just doesn't feel right! I have tried everything from lowering and increasing the spring tensions, changing the footboard angle and beater angle.. but nothing helped. Those pedals aren't made for me. They just feel sticky beneath my feet. At the moment I'm trying to sell them and getting just a single pedal because I like to play more with a single pedal than with double pedals. I have tried other double pedals and they feel different.. Much smoother than ICs.

If you like a DW pedal feel try putting a DW beater on the Iron Cobra. A large part of the DW feel is actually the beater shape and weight. (You really appreciate this if you put an Iron Cobra beater on a DW - it feels totally wrong!)

Back